• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Popup problem

alinac

Lurker
Mar 16, 2015
Toronto
This has been driving me nuts - I've read a bunch of threads trying to find an answer to this. I've tried countless apps to see if I have malware, but nothing comes up when I scan my phone. I have no idea what app could be causing this. Generally these pop up after my phone has been on sleep for a while. I really don't want to factory reset. Help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-16-08-59-32.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-16-08-59-32.png
    181.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_2015-03-16-08-59-32.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-16-08-59-32.png
    181.4 KB · Views: 71
Hi @alinac and welcome to Android Forums :)

Your problem isn't a device-specific one, so I moved your question into the more general Android Applications section to get some more eyes on it. :thumbsupdroid:

It sounds like you've got a ad network of some type giving you fits - which may or may not show up in a scan depending on what malware scanner you have. You may want to give this thread a read which suggests some alternate tools looking just for those ad networks. Hopefully that will be able to get you pointed in the right direction.

By the way, does the ad show up in the Recents menu? Rather than dismissing it out right, press the Recents button to see if it shows up, which may give us some clues.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones