• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Portable Hotspot - no internet access!

keithbrown53

Dec 18, 2011
Hi there,

I have a Galaxy S2 on T-Mobile.

I have tried on 3 windows 7 laptops today to use the internet on the laptop, connected via a portable hotspot.

It worked perfectly on 1 of them, but on 2 machines, whilst it made a network connection, it said "no internet access".

Modifying security types, and removing security completely didn't help.

Any clues?

Cheers,

Keith.

Hi Keith. I've found that some PCs and laptops will just behave like a finicky cat at times: no real rhyme or reason for rejection or acceptance. :D There can be real misconfiguration sometimes, of course.

But I've done nothing more than gone through the troubleshooter more than once, sometimes, making no changes at all, and *bingo,* the connection came and never lost it. At other times, I've had to take a close look at the computer's saved networks, the order which they are in and what they are designated as, "home" or "public." Etc.

Glad you got it sorted. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones