• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

possible battery manager fix

Anyone that's tried the Battery Stats clear from ClockWorkMod Recovery, has it came back? Every "fix" that I've used has ended up working for a little bit and then I'd start getting the FCs again. I'm definitely gonna give this a shot though.

So far so good for about 4 days or so. Several reboots and charge cycles, and no FCs yet. But it was so easy to do that I dont think it would be a big deal to go through again should it ever stop working.

Upvote 0
I just had this problem come up again. I tried resetting battery data, no go. I reboot the phone, no go. I cleaned the cache via rooted cache cleaner app, no go. Then I pulled up "Android System Info" (something I got off the Market), clicked on Tasks, then Battery Manager, then "End Task" several times. It didn't actually seem to kill the Battery Manager, but the expanded Battery Manager window closed once I clicked "End task." I went back into the Battery Manager and it worked. It was likely a fluke and just started working, but I'll try it again the next time it happens.

EDIT: Just happened again and no fix. It was apparently a fluke so don't bother trying it. Although it did start working again after about 10 more minutes.

~

Upvote 0
I can't wait till Motorola gets the update out with the fix for this, it's the only issue I'm having with my phone since the update to FroYo. I shouldn't get so excited to see the Battery Manager actually open up, but it happens so rarely, it feels like I drew a 21 while playing blackjack! And when it does finally open, I don't want to close it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones