• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible to get extra free data? (Coming from Unlimited)

swantonbomboy

Apr 22, 2010
NJ
It looks like I'm going to have to upgrade my own unlimited line and lose that freedom. Has anyone had any luck with convincing VZW to throw in some extra data as they are being forced off an unlimited plan. Being on wifi most of the day I hover around the 1.25gb/month of data (off wifi) used and 2gb cuts its close some months.

A bit extra would be nice but I'm certainly not interested in a $50/month plan.

Also, the scam known as Edge is out for me. $30 for 6gb would be nice though.

You can also increase and decrease your data plan with a quick phone call. If you think you're going to go over during any given month, just call them before you go over and bump your plan up to the next tier. You can drop it back down again the next month.

That is true. You can also do it online. One thing to note, however. When you increase your plan, it can be retroactive to the first day of your billing cycle as to eliminate overage charges, but when you decrease it, it is done per diem based on the day you changed it. So in that case, your best option is to increase it on the last day of your cycle to whatever covers the data used, then reduce it the next day, and repeat.

Reactions: rcaine
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones