• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Here if your Droid X's Battery has got HOTTER then 110

I know this is an old topic but I really didn't want to start a new one. Today I had my DX on the motorcycle here in FL. I was testing out the nav turn by turn directions through by blue tooth ear buds. Once at my destination the DX was hot to the touch. I don't have a case on my DX yet. I was thinking some cases would heat up the phone more then others. Leather would vent the heat better then plastic? I ordered a cheap leather case from ebay until the seidio cases come out. Now I am wondering if the seidio cases will hold the heat in. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I'm not joking, but 1 time in May I was running maps and it was blazing hot out and theres no ac in my work truck...it hit 155! I turned it off, before it did any damage. kinda scary.

yeah maps/navigation really does a number on the battery. thats why root is so important. with the use of apps like SetCPU you can set profiles to scale the processor back when the phone gets too hot.

Upvote 0
100 degrees Farenheit is nothing to worry about. My phone heats up to that while charging.

Scanning one of the threads someone linked, max temp on the droid 1 was something like 105*C, which is damn high.

100*F = 38*C
100*C = 212*F

Processors are hot little things, and the inside of your phone regularly being 30-40 degrees hotter than ambient temperature isn't too far of a stretch right? So, unless your backplate is literally too hot to handle I wouldn't worry.

edit: mine is sitting unplugged at 89*F and I haven't touched it since last night.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones