• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Video you have taken with your Droid X

I just got my Droid X so I haven't done any real video yet but what concerns me about your video is that this is an exceptionally well lit scene yet the amount of noise is very high.

Which scene? It's 15min long. I could post the same raw piece and we could try to compare. Possibly the problem is that it has been transcoded several times in the editing process. The other people's posts are unedited and hence went through only one transcode. They do look sharp! Look at mine more for what it is. An excercise in using the phone to shoot a feature than a clip post for image quality. I usually edit HDV and have a clean workflow setup for best quality. I admit I haven't looked at the bitrate settings and such yet. My Youtube video is also more blurry than the original, as well as blocky and color compressed as you mention.

I don't think the forum allows regular users to post HTML code and have it actually function. Just post the link and the forum will automatically create the, "mini-player," like in the post below yours.

Thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0
I was at the Aerosmith/J Geils concert last Saturday 8/14/10, at Fenway Park in Boston, it was, at least for me, the concert of a lifetime. I've never seen Aerosmith live and I have been waiting 15+ years to see the original J Geils lineup play again, and it was so worth the wait.
Here is a couple of Geils songs that I shot on my Droid X in HD of course.

YouTube - Detroit Breakdown & Give It To Me

Upvote 0
I was at the Aerosmith/J Geils concert last Saturday 8/14/10, at Fenway Park in Boston, it was, at least for me, the concert of a lifetime. I've never seen Aerosmith live and I have been waiting 15+ years to see the original J Geils lineup play again, and it was so worth the wait.
Here is a couple of Geils songs that I shot on my Droid X in HD of course.

YouTube - Detroit Breakdown & Give It To Me

Very sweet. I live in Jersey, but drove up to Boston in 96 and 97 for Aerosmith's New Years Eve concerts at the Fleet Center. Great shows.

Probably seen Aero a good 15 times or so in the last 14 years. I've not been in a few years though, mostly because I got tired of hearing the same setlist all the time. They really need to change it up.

That said, I'm going to see them this coming Tuesday at the PNC Bank Arts Center. Though the reason I bought the tickets (and this may be the first time I bought tickets just because of the opening act) is that Sammy Hagar (of Montrose, Van Halen, and Chickenfoot fame) is the opening act. Always have to see Sammy when he's in the area. Puts on one hell of an awesome show :D

Upvote 0
Okay, so i've been expreimenting with different types of video on the DX, and I'm going to post them here and hopefuly get your responces.

First, I tried making all of my files .AVI and using programs like handbrake. Unfortunately, playing .AVI files on the phone was very choppy and had very bad sound/video syncronization. I did, however, notice that "RockPlayer" from the market (ARM V7) was able to play the .AVI files quite well and without any of the aformentioned issues.

For the latest test, I used the following:

I used an SD (Standard Digital) version of "House" downloaded from itunes and played it in the stock Gallery (2.2).

For the second video, I used an HD (720p) version of "House", again downloaded directly from itunes, and played it with the stock Gallery app.

YouTube - HD Video

I am wondering if anyone else was getting the same results when playing HD videos (Not recorded from the camera) on the DX.

If you found a way around this, please post how.

Thanks,
Eric

Upvote 0
You are not alone.

YouTube - Droid X video files

The default player just sucks IMHO. It even sucked on my LG Ally. I just use RockPlayer now since it plays them far better and supports more formats anyway. I can watch my various TV shows every week on my DX now without having to convert all of them.

EDIT: Actually go to the video page for that YouTube video. Read the comments.

Upvote 0
just took this today. Not the best quality as I uploaded it thru the phone to youtube. so 360p is the highest quality available.

On a side note, my daughter is quite the picaso!

YouTube - August 21, 2010 4:25 PM
You have to give YouTube time to process videos that are uploaded. The quality is fine, it just wasn't available in 720p the moment after uploading it.

FYI, I just checked to confirm, and it's now available in 720p.

Reactions: jreed2560
Upvote 0
You have to give YouTube time to process videos that are uploaded. The quality is fine, it just wasn't available in 720p the moment after uploading it.

FYI, I just checked to confirm, and it's now available in 720p.

Thanks. I don't use YouTube that often so I wasn't aware. I know I'm one of those annoying parents that shows off there kid all the time, but I don't care. LOL I was just watching the video again, and she said "See. So Cute!" LOL

Upvote 0
Here is a video that I shot while on vacation last sumner.
It's my ride on the Alpine Slide at Attitash Mountain in New Hampshire.
For those not familiar, the track is made of cement and fiberglass sections, and the sled's sped is controlled with a stick, pushing forward lowers wheels and you go faster, pulling back lowers you back on to skids to show you down.
Enjoy the ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFPLj7ZoVc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones