• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

973338d090b970efce868b2585185347.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not a "done deal" yet, but tomorrow morning we are going to inspect a 2016 Forrest River R-Pod 179 - they have a smoking clearance price on it and I have done some negotiating on the phone with the sales manager. Fingers crossed I'll be selling tents and some other equipment I'll no longer need on Monday. ;)
Cross your fingers for me boys and girls.
View attachment 108066 View attachment 108067

I hope it all works out for you. Looks like a sweet pull.

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
Couldn't resist. 40% off. :D

lenovo-rack-server-thinkserver-rs140-main.png

Lenovo ThinkServer RS140

Of course I got it without the MS OS and am going with CentOS 7. My current home servers are CentOS 6.8 but I've got an aging Dell R300 that is ready for retiring. The selling point was that this is (according to the marketing material) one of the quietest servers out there while the Dell fans run like a 737 at takeoff.

Upvote 0
I just bought 58 lunatics, I was supposed to get the 59th one free. But they said they "ran out".

You read the fine print incorrectly. It didn't say you *get* the 59th Lunatic free, it says you *set* the 59th Lunatic free ... Pandora made the same mistake with her box. :p

And yes, I did run out. Try and catch me. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones