1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Post Your Quadrant Benchmark Scores!

1. Mark27

Mark27 Well-Known Member

Well that is why I didn't get it illegally, to give them money incentive. :)
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

wow some impressive numbers on those above. I only pulled 1185 on EVO (stock 2.2) and 1245 on Droid X (stock 2.1). Looking forward to the Epic to see what it's really like hands on
  3. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Ive no idea what this thread is about.
  4. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

It's a Quadrant Benchmarking thread. You download the app, benchmark your phone, and post your score :) Try it, its fun.
  5. VegasTouch

And that is telling me what exactly? That was what i was refering to.
  6. SamsungVibrant

Okay, so some people are asking why the Droid X is so much faster on the quadrant benchmark.

To settle the confusion. Simply put, Galaxy S phones have not only the fastest GPU but also the fastest CPU, yes faster than DroidX despite the Quadrant score.

You see, we are running Quadrant free edition, which just gives a bulk number at the end. However, if you run Quadrant Professional, the score is divided up into segments. Quadrant Professional shows that infact, as we all suspected, the Galaxy S phones outperform DroidX in CPU performance. So why does DroidX have a higher total score you may be asking. There is an issue with the Quadrant Benchmarking, DroidX is getting an inflated score because of I/O, giving a higher deceptive total score. Thus giving the impression the cpu is faster on the DroidX than it really is. Both androidandme.com and the Developer of Quadrant have confirmed this issue, and have confirmed that the Galaxy S is faster than DroidX.

Please watch this video:

YouTube - ‪androidandme's Channel‬‎
    perpetual likes this.
  7. SamsungVibrant

I dunno its just a silly fun thread, just gives you a fun benchmarking score to brag about. I guess you can use it to relatively guage your phones performance. Nothing serious. ;)
  8. VegasTouch

Mine got a 910, behind N1 and Droid X
  9. krichek

krichek Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone is thinking that anymore if they've looked at all the posts here. All the later ones are clearly smoking the X after they have a fix applied to them.
  10. SamsungVibrant

Ohhhh 910, thats a fast score! I'm assuming thats stock.
  11. Mark27

Mark27 Well-Known Member

I am wondering if Froyo will get us above 2k
  12. krichek

I've gotten almost 2k already (1897 tweaked)... I'm sure if I had a better card and tweaked some more I could hit 2k..
  13. SamsungVibrant

Out of curiousity, how does our CPU compare to a desktop cpu running at the same ghz. For example, hummingbird put up against one of intels 1ghz chips?
  14. krichek

You mean like an Atom or something? No idea, but I believe Intel is working on a mobile chip based on the Atom so maybe we will find out soon.
  15. SamsungVibrant

You're magical, how did you do that?
  16. SamsungVibrant

Ya I think it would be awesome if we could use our phone as computer replacements. Just have a keyboard and screen that hooks up to the phone, to replace boxy desktops. I guess thats what laptop is for, but I dunno, I still like the idea.
  17. Mark27

Mark27 Well-Known Member

What would be a better card for you?
  18. krichek

A class 6 card should theoretically be better.. Mine is only a class 2 that came with my old Droid. I'm going to check around this weekend and pick up a couple of 32GB class 6 cards and keep the fastest one. ;)
  19. Mark27

Mark27 Well-Known Member

What price do those run at?i couldn't find any amazon
  20. krichek

Odd, I saw some but it was old results.. I was going to swing by Fry's this weekend and see what they had. I think they run anywhere from mid $70's to about the $130's depending on who makes them.
  21. Mark27

Mark27 Well-Known Member

I could get rid of my ipod maybe, IDK. It has 120gb of storage:p

I mean how much performance boost is this, like in terms of real world. My phone runs smooth, I am sure it could get faster though.
  22. pattywak

pattywak Well-Known Member

894 on a stock Vibrant.
    No screen shot though.
  23. SamsungVibrant

You agreed with.."Don't feed the troll" in the other thread, who was that directed to?
  24. krichek

No, I laughed at the pic hehe.
  25. charkey

charkey Member

912 with a stock setup.