• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

POST YOUR SPEED 1X and 4G/LTE

Test Date: May 13, 2011 1:57:28 am
Connection Type: 1xRTT
Server: Fort Worth, TX
Download: 8776 kbps
Upload: 5861 kbps
Ping: 38 ms

A detailed image for this result can be found here:
http://www.speedtest.net/android/52998180.png

Test Date: May 12, 2011 12:57:05 am
Connection Type: 1xRTT
Server: Fort Worth, TX
Download: 1111.2 kB/s
Upload: 678.2 kB/s

52998180.png

This is what drives me nuts. I was paying the same per month and my download speed was no where near that. On "4g" I was lucky to get 1.5 down and my 1xrtt was slow as hell.

Metro in dallas is awesome... Outside and you slow down to a crawl... But still pay the same price...

Upvote 0
This is what drives me nuts. I was paying the same per month and my download speed was no where near that. On "4g" I was lucky to get 1.5 down and my 1xrtt was slow as hell.

Metro in dallas is awesome... Outside and you slow down to a crawl... But still pay the same price...

i have had it hit 9.6 download before ill try and get another to post it tonight but at home i dont get 4 g but everywhere else i do once i leave the house , but very rarely do i get it at home which is outside of city limits

Upvote 0
I took a trip from Florida to Los Angeles last week and I had a layover in Dallas TX.
snap20110516_160300.png

Texas is where Metro PCS originated and look at those latencies!!! 85 ms is phenomenal! The down/up speeds though slow on 4G, but pages were opening at lightning speed.

snap20110516_181041.png

This is the best I could get in Los Angeles which isn't so bad, but I would get 4G service only 25% of the time out there.

snap20110516_160218.png

This is what Texas looked like on the flight home.

snap20110516_160154.png

This is what Florida looked like.

1x speed crashes the app and for whatever reason it doesn't like Wifi. It tests it but runs at snail paced speed regardless of how fast pages and files load.

Upvote 0
I posted a while back, but wanted to give an update. When 4G first came to this market (Tampa Bay) I would get consistent 1300 kbps up/down just about everywhere. That is still true, although in more and more spots nowadays I am getting around 5000 kbps down and 2000-3000 kbps up. Using Speedtest.net app. So it looks like they continue to improve the network in my area. That's good.

Upvote 0
I posted a while back, but wanted to give an update. When 4G first came to this market (Tampa Bay) I would get consistent 1300 kbps up/down just about everywhere. That is still true, although in more and more spots nowadays I am getting around 5000 kbps down and 2000-3000 kbps up. Using Speedtest.net app. So it looks like they continue to improve the network in my area. That's good.
not sure which area in tampa ur at but im in dale mabry and fletcher in area called south village part of carrollwood village and these are my results.

20110628202150.png

my recent results more or less around where i live

20110806104331.png

Upvote 0
Oh wow.
Talk about a necro!

Well, there's no way to tell with the data you provided, since it's incomplete. But I'm gonna make the sin of assuming the speedtest data was in kbps. Then in that case, they're similar enough.
I also feel it worth noting that the measurement is likely to change, and is actually expected to increase slightly if done three times in a row, for example, the 3rd time having the advantage of a preconeived path to the destination.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones