• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Vibrant desktop :]

Here ya go:

be358a09.png

2e31ce91.png

3bb2c06f.png

e7005651.png

Upvote 0
How do they change the screens appearance to make it look less Iphone-ish? I'd rather not install it just to see LOL :)

Its easy, you can install it but it doesn't have to be your default.

For example, install one. Once its done, click the home button. It'll popup a window asking what app to use and if you want it to be the default. LEave the check box unchecked and select the new one you installed. When ever you press the home button this will happen until you decide to make it the default.

If you don't like it just uninstall it and your fine.

If you set launcher pro or ADW or whatever to default by accident, you can go to settings>applications>manage applications>select the app and click remove defaults. Then when you click home again it may give you the window to select the default (twhome or something similair) and you are back to stock. Or if you just don't want it on your phone period, just uninstall and select the default launcher as default and your finished.

No harm no foul. Plus you get to play with other interfaces that are faster and much more configurable.

Here's a (blurry since my camcorder won't focus so close and I couldn't tell on its tiny screen) video of My phone with Launcher Pro installed.

YouTube - Samsung Vibrant with Launcher Pro

Reactions: Robinelli
Upvote 0
That's really sharp. How can you implement the folders as you have done? I see how you can add a folder to the home screen, but the folders can't be directed to or contain a set of apps by category like the new iOS 4, can they?

Download App Organizer from the market. It's free.

It allows you to categorize your programs. You can assign multiple categories to each program if you like.

The program also allows you to customize the folder icon.

It automatically sorts the program from A-Z, unlike the default program which sorts by the order you added it.

Upvote 0
Just got my Vibrant Sunday (August 1st) and this is my first Android phone... What clock/weather app is that you have there?

That is the HTC Sense Clock which is only available on HTC phones the the Sense UI. You will not be able to get that exact clock, but the widget called Fancy Widgets looks nearly identical to it. Fancy Widgets is not available in the market though, so You are going to have get the application file from someone else as I am not sure if you can download it from their website. There is also beautiful widgets, which has many skins that makes the clock look like the HTC Sense clock, and beautiful widgets comes with many more widgets.

Reactions: p00fz
Upvote 0
That is the HTC Sense Clock which is only available on HTC phones the the Sense UI. You will not be able to get that exact clock, but the widget called Fancy Widgets looks nearly identical to it. Fancy Widgets is not available in the market though, so You are going to have get the application file from someone else as I am not sure if you can download it from their website. There is also beautiful widgets, which has many skins that makes the clock look like the HTC Sense clock, and beautiful widgets comes with many more widgets.

So how exactly would one go about acquiring this "Fancy Widgets" from someone else?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones