• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Potential Flashing Crisis

Kn1nJa

Aug 3, 2010
MI
So I'm un-rooting my phone using OMJ's guide in the everything root related guide, and I'm getting a "Failed Flashing Process" error in RSD Lite.

I am running as admin, I have the correct drivers (I recently rooted...), I have the sbf in C:\ .... yet it fails.

The error says " Failed Flashing Process. Failed Flashing Process. Interface BP: Error flashing subscriber unit. Device API Error: 0xE0030009 Command: ADDR (0xE0231009); phone connected"

Any immediate help would be extremely appreciated.

EDIT: I am going to try flashing SPRecovery to see if I can at least get to a working point.

EDIT 2: SPRecovery worked. It boots into 2.1 and has SPRecovery as the recovery. I still want to get it to stock, so I am going to try and download the stock sbf again (it doesn't have a checksum so I have no way of knowing if it is good or not...) .... here goes nothing!

I'm attempting to download the .sbf again (internet is not going fast right now ....).

As it stands I am at least at 2.2 rooted. If all else fails I just keep it this way. I just wanted to go back to stock for several reasons, including helping the guys get the newest update.zip that verizon is supposedly rolling out soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones