• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power/lock button freezes

Sometimes i cant get the power button to respond. It wont lock/unlock the phone. If i plug in the charger or get a phone call it starts working again. I am tired of pulling the battery every time it stops working. Do i need to wipe the phone and reinstall? It came with OS2.2 already installed.

Sometimes i cant get the power button to respond. It wont lock/unlock the phone. If i plug in the charger or get a phone call it starts working again. I am tired of pulling the battery every time it stops working. Do i need to wipe the phone and reinstall? It came with OS2.2 already installed.
I'm going to assume that you haven't actually rooted your phone? Because I've noticed this is mainly the result of too much undervolting of the lower frequencies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones