• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pre-Release - Relevant Info Thread

here is the pic

gnexabout.png

Upvote 0
Sorry to do this to you guys but there has been a slight miscommunication from my contact. Apparently the information I have received about 4.0.2 being the majority build on release may have been slightly outdated. It is very possible that 4.1 may be the build you will see on your devices out of box. Once again, I do apologize for this confusion and please disregard my original post (here) until I am able to reconfirm a few things about the device itself. I will try to follow up today and get back to you guys soon as I have new information.

EDIT: Just to clarify, dates have not changed.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
PLEASE JOIN US FOR ONE OF THE FIVE BELOW WEBINARS FOR THIS AMAZING NEW DEVICE!! ALSO, PLEASE SEND THIS INVITE TO PREMIUM AGENTS ONLY AS WE HAVE LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE

The MWA Next Level Learning Team is excited to offer the Samsung Galaxy Nexus LIVE!

What is LIVE?

LIVE! webinars are your chance to see new products and devices in real-time. We use streaming video to show you a real live device and demo the coolest and most unique features. All LIVE! webinars include 30 minutes of prepared demo followed by an optional 30 minutes of Q&A where we will show you what you want to see and try what you want to try!

Registration

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
Ok so with the current status of things, I was able to confirm several things for you guys in regards to my original post:

1. 32GB is the confirmed model, there are no plans for a 16GB model.
  2. 1850mah is the confirmed production battery capacity (some early development models originally came with 1750mah but were returned to factory).
  3. The current status of pricing is as previously set at $299 on-contract and ~$600 off-contract.
  4. Out of box devices will come in one of two scenarios that will depend on when and where the purchase order was made:
    • The device will come with 4.0.1 preinstalled and will prompt you for a 4.0.2 update upon activation.
    • The device will come with 4.0.2 at stock and will not prompt you for any further updates until 4.1 testing is concluded.
  5. 4.1 is currently in very limited testing at the moment (if you have this, you are most likely a tester or developer).
  6. Depending on the results of testing, 4.1 will be an update that is pushed publicly post-release or it may be held off for further fixes.

Unfortunatly, I don't have any data for you guys regarding which is the more likely OS version scenario but I can say that everyone will see version 4.0.2 upon release either at stock or with an update prompt.

I apologize again for the previous confusion and I will keep you guys posted as I receive more information and updates.

Upvote 0
I WANT IT TOO!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!1111 one one one

I just watched the video:
Genuine Samsung Galaxy Nexus Vehicle Dock - ECS-K1F2BEGSTD - YouTube

IT uses the pins for connection. I think it was the time in the car dock with the cable hanging out of the port that put all the weird pressure on my Droid's port, eventually causing it to break.

And an audio port! I might actually use my phone for music... have to look into those little features that made me keep my iPod around (gapless MP3 playback, soundcheck-like normalization, shuffle by artist) and see if progress has been made.

It has a hole for the camera to be usable! Combine that with that time-lapse video feature, and I can make a cute video of every road trip I take.

I'll have to see if I can find his phone number... the 24 music was cool, but he also did some video game music, one of the James Bond games, and said that it was really fun to do, because he had to compose different feeling movements for each section, depending on how they did in the game.

Reactions: locoandroid
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: Sandroidfan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones