• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Preordered Phone Quickest Way to Return?

Eryl Flynn

Android Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2010
I preordered the GS3 and turns out they locked and encrypted the bootloader. Something I swore to not buy another phone with. I can cancel the wifes preorder easy, but mine is shipped. Will be here Monday. What is the easiest way to get it returned and money in my pocket quickest?

Thinking it is time for the wife and I to head over to AT&T.

I'm returning my 2 pre ordered GSIIIs as well. Verizon sucks for being the only US carrier to lock the bootloader.

I'm definitely thinking about paying the early termination fee for my line with the GNex and switching to another carrier. Not AT&T though, I'd rather switch to T Mobile but I just might wait out my contract through 2013 then switch. Unless Verizon wises up.

I won't be holding my breath for that to happen though. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Sounds like quickest is to accept and return to a store. Still deciding if we are leaving VZW now or later. This is becoming a big mess and pain, the only thing for sure is 2 years from now we will not be on Verizon. Just debating if it is worth putting the wife through the return and all the switching right now. Been a rough week having to put our dog down and explain it to our 3 year old.

Upvote 0
Sounds like quickest is to accept and return to a store. Still deciding if we are leaving VZW now or later. This is becoming a big mess and pain, the only thing for sure is 2 years from now we will not be on Verizon. Just debating if it is worth putting the wife through the return and all the switching right now. Been a rough week having to put our dog down and explain it to our 3 year old.

Sorry to here about the lose of your dog . Losing a dog can be tough on the family especially a child. Keep the faith be strong for your wife & child .Best of luck God Bless.

+1 on this turd VZ :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones