• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Viet1982

Jun 17, 2011
New Orleans
Well after I f'd up my screen by installing a screen protector the wrong way(you can read about it in another thread) I ended up doing further damage to it trying to resolve the first issue. I can't use the touch screen anymore and I tried to disassemble my phone but from what I pulled apart it really isn't user serviceable. I'm going to get a brand new phone in the morning and starting over fresh again. Is there anything anyone wanted to know or get from the stock phone? If so let me know and I'll see what I can do before rooting it.

As for the old phone I do have the insurance Boost offers but the question is if I do get my new phone and register it would my insurance carry over to the new one or my coverage on the old one cease and I would have to start over with new coverage on the new phone? I don't want to activate my new one just yet and then try to file a claim on the old one later on and they deny it.Do they keep track of what phone you have for coverage through the ID numbers or it's just based on the model?

I hope that wasn't too confusing :thinking:

When you activate your new phone , everything from your existing account is transferred , Including insurance . And yes , they do use the serial number under the battery to register the phone to your account . Phones with a SIM cards do it automatically . The Prevail does not .

Dang it. I guess I'll have to wait till after the holiday to make a claim on the phone. The deductible is gonna be $65 but it beats shelling out another $179.99+ tax :p

Although the Boost Mobile site is having a 20% off "Star Spangled Sale" on every phone. Promotion ends on July 5, 2010. Online only. Use promo code "FIREWORKS20"

Upvote 0
Dang it. I guess I'll have to wait till after the holiday to make a claim on the phone. The deductible is gonna be $65 but it beats shelling out another $179.99+ tax :p

Although the Boost Mobile site is having a 20% off "Star Spangled Sale" on every phone. Promotion ends on July 5, 2010. Online only. Use promo code "FIREWORKS20"

Right on man . That $65.00 Deductible s*x . I've had to pay it once before . After going round and round with Boost , I finally said to heck w/ the warranty . That $5.00 monthly fee adds up . I just went out and bought a couple packs of screen protectors , a nice thick rubber skin and been babying this one especially since I've installed the Shabbymods . Hopefully it'll last me a while . :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones