Price to pay seems a little too high for that magnificent screen...


Last Updated:

  1. Gladihater

    Gladihater New Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    First off let me begin by saying that I absolutely love the Epic 4G so far. The biggest difference for me coming from an EVO is the beauty of the screen. I work with several techies at my job so I asked to borrow an iPhone 4 and an EVO. I pulled the same web pages on each machine to compare image quality and DAMN! I never realized how bad the screen on the EVO was. Proves that bigger isn't always better. The major shootout was between the EPIC and the iphone. While most everyone liked the EPIC'S screen better, the consensus we all reached is that the iphone has a more realistic picture while the EPIC has the colors more saturated.

    Now back to my point. With this beautiful screen comes great sacrifice. The battery life on this thing (so far) is terrible! The fantastic screen eats battery like no other! As of typing this on my new phone, I have it unplugged for 33 mins with the battery at 58% with the display using 83% of the battery! I have the screen brightness at about 90% and this feels unacceptable. I've never been one to be conservative with screen brightness levels so I've never seen something drain this hard this fast. Hopefully its just a breaking in thing but current owners, please give me some feedback because I don't know if I can do a year with this issue.
     

    Advertisement
  2. Elite GunnerX

    Elite GunnerX Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2010
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    13
    90% is way too high drop it down to like 50% and then buy some more battries...(1 or 2)
    All the Galaxy S phones eat batteries for lunch but you have to look at what your getting
     
  3. mrvirginia

    mrvirginia Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 13, 2010
    Messages:
    1,493
    Likes Received:
    228
    i agree. any smartphone i've ever owned has been no more than 50% brightness unless for whatever reason i needed it at 100% for a few seconds. 50% is plenty bright :eek:
     
  4. chaosfenix

    chaosfenix Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2010
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    2
    Also consider the 83% listed is a relative value - the screen didn't use 83% of the battery, the screen was responsible for 83% of however much the battery drained. Other apps were the cause for the other 17%. Keep in mind the speed of the phone, so other apps arent having to churn away trying to compute whatever it is they are doing, not to mention the speed of the 4g downloads (assuming you are in a 4g area) so the browser doesnt have to be "thinking" as long trying to put it all together. Unless I'm mistaken, as other apps dont have to think as long, they will be using less power thus driving up the relative percentage that the screen uses since its always on regardless of which app you are using.
     

Share This Page

Loading...