• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Printing Issues - Settings Ignored

Mr3dPHD

Lurker
Dec 13, 2014
Hi everyone! I'm having aproblem printing over my network to my Canon MG3220. When I print, no matter what settings I choose (ie, b&w/color, portrait/landscape, etc), it always just prints with the default options. Landscape, color, 1 copy, index card. I'm not even sure it's doing that properly, as the image is a cropped color version of whatever ichoose to print, cropped at the top center of the page.

Has anyone else had this issue? It really makes printing from my phone useless. I'm printing using the Canon Print Service, which really found and connected to my printer over the network. Any help would be huge! Thanks guys (and gals)!

Are you using the print app and plugin app and have you checked to make sure drivers and printer firmware is updated
Well, I'm printing using the "Print" option in the dropdown from the Photos app when I have a picture chosen. I installed the Canon Print Service app to get my printer sync'd up. I'm actually not sure how to update the drivers or printer firmware on my phone. I hadn't even thought about that. I guess I assumed the latest Canon firmware installed with the Print Services app.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm printing using the "Print" option in the dropdown from the Photos app when I have a picture chosen. I installed the Canon Print Service app to get my printer sync'd up. I'm actually not sure how to update the drivers or printer firmware on my phone. I hadn't even thought about that. I guess I assumed the latest Canon firmware installed with the Print Services app.
Check the printer firmware and drivers from your PC/laptop. For the HTC one m8

You can use cloud print from Google or

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/MobileApps

Also check out the apps that can be used with your device such as Google cloud print

http://www.verizonwireless.com/mobile-living/tech-smarts/how-to-print-from-your-smartphone/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones