• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pro Office and Dropbox

I have all my files in Dropbox on my Galaxy tab. I can edit them Ok using Pro Office Suite but when I save them it puts them in a folder called Andoid/data/com.dropbox.android/files/scratch and they don't sync with my Dropbox. I can't see where the original Dropbox files are on the tab. How can I get around this. I want the files I edit with Office Suite to be synced just like they are on my PC.

Alan

I have to wait until I get to my home Wi-fi before I can try on the Tab 2, but I just did a "save as" on my phone, and it uploaded fine.

Try Menu -> File -> Save As -> type of document

Hit the curly arrow to move up a directory (next to file name) a few times until you see the list that indicates:

My Documents
Internal storage
SD card
Remote files

Select "Remote files"
Select "Drop Box"

Hit the save icon (top right next to the arrow)

When you open the file, open it from Remote files/Drop Box, and any changes should be saved there by default after editing...

If this doesn't work, perhaps there is a setting in Pro Office or Drop Box that needs to be changed.

I will confirm this on my Tab 2 this evening if you haven't resolved the issue by then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones