• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem in configuring my yahoo mail id on samsung galaxy phone

harishlegal

Lurker
May 19, 2010
I am having samsung galaxy mobile. I have successfully configured my gmail, but when I trying to configure my yahoo email id as the second email account by giving all the correct settings i.e, by doign the manual settings and giving all correct settings in the incoming server it says user id and password differs, but this is not correct as i am accessing my mail by giving same user id and password, and further earlier i had configure the yahoo mail on the phone and i removed the account and this happening when i am again trying configure the yahoo mail.

I am having samsung galaxy mobile. I have successfully configured my gmail, but when I trying to configure my yahoo email id as the second email account by giving all the correct settings i.e, by doign the manual settings and giving all correct settings in the incoming server it says user id and password differs, but this is not correct as i am accessing my mail by giving same user id and password, and further earlier i had configure the yahoo mail on the phone and i removed the account and this happening when i am again trying configure the yahoo mail.

Here is the solution if its yahoo.com.au

1. Log into your yahoo mail and click on "options" on the far right area of your screen
2. Select "More Options..."
3. Click on "Pop and Forwarding" on the left menu
4. Ensure "Allow your Yahoo Mail to be POPed" is selected.

Go to Email in your phone, type in your username and password, go to manual setup and type:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com.au
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com.au (use authentication, optionally use port 587)
Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com")
Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address
Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

Hope that works

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones