• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PROBLEM: No YouTube/Google+ Notifications

Muertos666

Lurker
May 23, 2015
So recently I downloaded a few apps for my Android tablet. I wanted to be notified by sound when something goes on with my emails, Facebook, PSN or YouTube/Google+. I've assigned custom notifications for each individual site (Zedge has all the sound effects, while MegaSound assigns them)... they mostly work fine, except it seems no matter what I do, I cannot get YouTube working. I know that YouTube notifications actually come from Google+, and I've ticked "get notifications" in the settings in there, and told it exactly what notification I want. From the "Settings" in my tablet, I've gone into "Apps" and into both YouTube and Google+, the "show notifications" button is ticked. I have no idea what else I'm missing, and why still nothing happens. Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones