• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem sending/receiving & duplicate texts

Prl/profile is really about all you can do on your end.

It sounds like network issues to me. I had this problem off and on for about a month

You can call them and have a workorder placed on your local tower as well.

Yeah ill see if it works itself out by the time I'm off work. I'm posting this from my phone so Internet is working just no txts. I'm going to see if pictures go though. If no luck my end of work I'll give sprint a call again. Thanks buddy

Upvote 0
Here's a screen shot of the message. I don't get it.. I didn't change anything. In fact my phone was in my toolbox I had sent txts and a pic message this morning no problem.

Usually if I had a problem like every once in a great while I would get a sound or a return message saying that it wasn't delivered. I have never seen it happen like this before

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348606504220.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348606504220.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0
Same symptoms mine had rather randomly.

The girlfriend was never too happy when it occurred.

Call, complain, tell them you've done prl profile updates, they'll want to do something on their end to reset the connection, and then they'll finally place a work order

Ok will do.. I shouldn't have to mention root to them should I? I'm thinking it's a network thing too. Surprisingly they didn give me the ole "tower is out in your area" explanation earlier when I called lol.

I'll keep you updated.

Upvote 0
No, don't mention root. They'll just tell you to unroot it.

There's plenty if things a user can do to screw up the phone with root access, so the first thing they'll tell you to do is unroot so they know what's on the device.

You should be on a sense rom when you call

Ok cool, I'm on a sense rom (meanrom4.3) I was on 4.4 but I nandroid'ed back to 4.3 just to make sure something wasn't up with the rom.

I'm out of work in a half hour, still no txts in or out. And I figured out the pic message didn't go through either. Even though it didn't give an error code. So ill be calling sprint shortly.

Upvote 0
We're back up and running. The sprint tech told me to turn the phone off. Then she did something on her end and told me to power back on. Problem solved.

She also mentioned there were no service outages. That it was the device but wouldn't tell me what she did.. :banghead: and told me that if it happened again it could be a faulty device but I doubt it. Seems to me like something just got jammed in the matrix. But I'm glad to be back to normal that's for sure. Wish I had more helpful info :eek:

Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0
My wife's phone stopped sending and receiving all text messages. We had gochat since we got the phone on launch day and yesterday the message error that message could not be sent started so I removed the program only to find the same thing happens with the stock message app. Phone is stock.

Is there a setting that has gone sour?

Upvote 0
My wife's phone stopped sending and receiving all text messages. We had gochat since we got the phone on launch day and yesterday the message error that message could not be sent started so I removed the program only to find the same thing happens with the stock message app. Phone is stock.

Try holding the power button and resetting it. If that doesn't work call Sprint. They will reset something on their end and you should be good to go. That is what they did for me. But unfortunately couldn't tell me exactly what is was that they did.

Upvote 0

I've had this randomly happen a couple times, sometimes it's just network problems & it fixes itself.

Upvote 0

Happened to me, it took a call to Sprint tech support, the real ones, not the first level that reads from the screen to get it working again.

Upvote 0
I had to get a new phone my phone was acting up and stuck in a rebooting mode and they ran a diagnostics and ordered me another one which he said happened to be a new one and now my text are doing what my old phone did in the beginning. The circle is just spinning and I don't think there sending. Woke up the other morning to one still spinning and tonight 1 out of 3 it was still spinning but he may have gotten it. I am using Handcent too...

Happened to me, it took a call to Sprint tech support, the real ones, not the first level that reads from the screen to get it working again.

Upvote 0
I am now having the texting issue fairly consistently since the last update. Texts show they went out, have a time, but haven't. Reboot the phone and they do go out and the time on them changes. Also having major issues with notifications. Randomly I will get no notifications but when I hit the power button to turn the screen on I get inundated. Seems like there is some queueing problem in the OS and the whole sms system goes into some loop or something. Battery life seems be a little bit worse when the first issue occurrs. Need to check CPU usage next time.

Upvote 0
I'm receiving the same sms text multiple times. They are all with the same datestamp but will be received delayed up to an hour later. I see lots of threads on this in forums for other phones. But no real solutions.
The other phone in this case is my wife's iphone on the same network/same plan.

I've cleared the cache in the messaging app just now. I hope it helps.
It doesn't happen on every message. It didn't happen with the one she sent this morning. But when it plays my notification sound when I'm trying to go to sleep and it is the message she sent over an hour ago it is real annoying.

Here is a screenshot:
TTB6A.png

Upvote 0
I take it this just started happening no? possibly network issues in your area. Sprint is undergoing
upgrades to its system so these things can happen from time to time most likely its NOT your phone.

do you use an airvana/airave? if you dont know what this is then you dont use it. :)

if it keeps up, give sprint a call. give them your zip code and they can tell you if there is work going on in your area.

does this happen from anyone who messages you? inter-carrier as well? or just sprint to sprint? if its only from people not on sprint, could be just some hiccups in the system. give it some time to correct itself.

of you need to rest at night, just disable notifications or put phone on silent.

Upvote 0
I'm receiving the same sms text multiple times. They are all with the same datestamp but will be received delayed up to an hour later. I see lots of threads on this in forums for other phones. But no real solutions.
The other phone in this case is my wife's iphone on the same network/same plan.

I've cleared the cache in the messaging app just now. I hope it helps.
It doesn't happen on every message. It didn't happen with the one she sent this morning. But when it plays my notification sound when I'm trying to go to sleep and it is the message she sent over an hour ago it is real annoying.

Here is a screenshot:
TTB6A.png

Fwiw I'm seeing the same thing from time to time. I'm rooted running Meanrom. It hasn't really bothered me too much but I just wanted to let you know your not alone. Lol

Upvote 0
Well now none of my messages will send. I send a text and over and over and I get a message that says message not sent from handcent but it sends the message over and over and I see a red x and it's been going on since this am. At work home and in the car nothing will send. I even tried Messages app that came with phone same thing.

Upvote 0
Well now none of my messages will send. I send a text and over and over and I get a message that says message not sent from handcent but it sends the message over and over and I see a red x and it's been going on since this am. At work home and in the car nothing will send. I even tried Messages app that came with phone same thing.

Fwiw same thing happened to me about a month ago. I called sprint and they reset something on their end and I was good to go. It's worth a shot.

Upvote 0
Thanks it's weird and this is a new phone they gave me at a Sprint store while I was on vacation cause my phone died.

Edit: I have sprint on the phone and I'm not even receiving text either. She's checking something she said well you got good coverage. She said they can do something I hope it works. I'm going out after work tonight and need to be able to text. I don't talk on my phone I text and email. I have Yahoo Messenger me and one friend use he doesn't like texting. And I may try Tikl again I used to have it. She's sending some service update to my phone and had me shut it off and she's sending a couple more she said. Let's hope this works.

Fwiw same thing happened to me about a month ago. I called sprint and they reset something on their end and I was good to go. It's worth a shot.

Upvote 0
Thanks it's weird and this is a new phone they gave me at a Sprint store while I was on vacation cause my phone died.

Edit: I have sprint on the phone and I'm not even receiving text either. She's checking something she said well you got good coverage. She said they can do something I hope it works. I'm going out after work tonight and need to be able to text. I don't talk on my phone I text and email. I have Yahoo Messenger me and one friend use he doesn't like texting. And I may try Tikl again I used to have it. She's sending some service update to my phone and had me shut it off and she's sending a couple more she said. Let's hope this works.

Those are the exact same symptoms I had. Wasn't receiving txts/couldn't send them out. I could call and surf the Web though. I too was in a good service area. They would tell me what they did but they reset something and told me to turn the phone off and back on and I was good to go. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones