• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem tonight: Couldn't access keyboard during voice mail retrieval...

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas? I am so bummed out about this...I tried powering off the phone and then turning it back on which didn't make a difference. The screen stayed completely black when I took it off my ear when I was supposed to put my password in to get my VM. I had to wait for the call to end before I could operate any buttons at all. Ugh. Help!:(

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas? I am so bummed out about this...I tried powering off the phone and then turning it back on which didn't make a difference. The screen stayed completely black when I took it off my ear when I was supposed to put my password in to get my VM. I had to wait for the call to end before I could operate any buttons at all. Ugh. Help!:(

It's only happened to me once, but, if it happens again, press the trackball and the display will turn back on. (It will if you press the "End" key as well, but that will also drop your call, something you probably don't want to do.)

Upvote 0
It's only happened to me once, but, if it happens again, press the trackball and the display will turn back on. (It will if you press the "End" key as well, but that will also drop your call, something you probably don't want to do.)

I tried moving the track button...did not press it...but I did try to press the end key and nothing happened. What would be ideal, is being able to hear my voice mail that I have...I just can't seem to do it!

Upvote 0
LOL, try using speaker phone as a temporary fix for now (to hear your voicemail) just so the screen doesnt turn off when you hold it up to your ear.. The sensor in the phone turns off the screen when it senses your face is near... you can at least just leave it on speaker phone until you've reached you're message, than turn it off once it starts playing (if you need the privacy) I've had that issue once or twice but it seems to have subsided..

I am pretty sure I only had that issue when I had too many apps running in the background.. Do you have a task manager/killer app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones