• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

problem with google maps

broxi78

Lurker
May 13, 2013
hi all
i got my self a new phone which is a galaxy ace 2 the problem that i have is that on the newer version of google maps has information missing like one way streets and roundabouts it was ok on the older version of google maps that i have on my old phone. there was a new road layout which as a couple of roundabouts which the newer version has not got those roundabouts ect but the older version has no problem picking up the roundabouts

6.14.4 older version
7.6.1 newer version

One fix:

Backup the old version on the old phone (use a backup program that creates apk files). Backup the version in the new phone (in case you ever want to go back to it.) Uninstall the new one. Put the old one's apk file on the new phone and run it. (Use a file manager and just press the file.) It'll install the old version on the new phone.

Get used to this. Each version of Google Maps is worse than the last one. They're improving it, starting in the future and working back.

Upvote 0
hi Rukbatave
I have managed to get a older version of googlemaps version 6.14.3 (#6140304) by disabling updates can't remember the rest got advice from someone online before i read your answer. I might try your method if you think it's the best way to solve this. I thought the updates are supposed to bring updated maps not the other way around

regards
eddy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones