• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with the touch screen, anyone?

Miki_07

Lurker
Oct 4, 2010
Ok so everytime I text message or am typing... the notifications would just go down, even though i am not touching it, and when I want it to come out, it wouldn't...

is anyone having the same problem?

=( And also I bought this phone used, but I have the receipt, im just not sure if bell canada would repair it still for free... or exchange it...

I have the same problem and the outside edges of my screen in a few places don't recognize touch anymore. My A and L and backspace don't work. It fell less than 2 feet off my couch, but its in a thick rubber case. It's fallen from higher before with no problems. A factory reset hasn't solved either of these problems.

Upvote 0
I have an unbranded unrooted legend - updated to Froyo and then conducted a factory reset after formatting SD card - I wanted to start Clean.

I have the same issue, after powerup and then a click near the notification bar renders my phone useless as any further click pulls down the notif bar.
clicking on that part of the screen when in an app causes the app to go funny.

Powering off and avoiding clicking at the top of the screen it the only way to use my phone - - -
This is driving me nuts
Have logged a call with HTC

Is there a way to replace the notification bar?
factory resets or Stopping sense UI makes no difference

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones