• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with what?!?

Jankais

Lurker
Oct 4, 2011
Hey, guys!

I bought a used HTC HD2. Originally it came with Windows Mobile. The same day, I bought it, I took it to a guy, who put a Android 2.3.3. on it.

The problem: the Back button (arrow to the left) almost doesn't work. It constantly turns on the Ringer Volume managing window and regulates the volume. As I go into some application, I allmost never can go a step back with this arrow, when I push it, the Ringer un Media Volume window comes on. Also the Home button does that.

I don't know, if this problem existed wiht WinMobile, as I almost instantly took the phone to replacing the operating system. When buyind, didnt notice that...

So, is this a software or hardware problem, what can I do about that.

Thanks...

If it didn't happen when you first bought the phone then maybe something went wrong when flashing Android. The best way to troubleshoot it would be to flash another ROM on there (or the same one) and see if it happens again. Unfortunately you'll need to back everything up first.

Flashing Android is really pretty easy once you have all of the pre-reqs in place (which you obviously already do since you have Android installed already). If you're willing to try, you can download an Android ROM, reboot the phone into MAGLDR (by holding the power button continuously during startup), and then put it into USB flasher mode. At that point you run the .exe file for the ROM you want to install and follow the instructions. Pretty painless.

But I suppose it could be a hardware issue at which point you're somewhat hosed. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones