• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problems after updating to ICS.

SVECobraR

Sep 27, 2010
Hi guys i just wanted to post a few issues I've been having after updating to ics to see if everyone else was experiencing the same things. Just to make it clear I'm running a refurbished s2 that came from tmobile with gingerbread. I updating using kies then wiped the cache and did a factory reset per instructions.

Onto the problems:

I can't play most of my old videos, whether i took them with the phone or they were downloaded.

I can't play some of my old music, it says the player didn't recognize the format.

Battery life sucks

I can't exit out of the music player unless i use task manager.

The phone is a bit slower as soothing is using more ram, even when i kill every process i only get about 32% ram free.

The touchscreen is a lot less responsive on Web pages, i.e., clicking links.

The phone won't vibrate on phone calls or notifications but it does vibrate when i switch modes.

The phone doesn't connect calls when its a incoming call on the first try, its not every call.but it is quite often.

The ringer doesn't seem to be as loud either.

There are many more but i don't know what is unique to me and what is common.

Does anyone know how i could fix this? I'm willing to root if there is a stable ROM that looks like ics with these problems fixed

Thanks in advance.

I dont mind reinstalling ics with odin but trying to back everything up is getting tedious, and having to redownload all the apps and email the developers to get my paid app features. I might try to root my spare phone and use that for a few days.

Also i use the built in music player, not the google music app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones