• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems downloading Custom ROMS, FREEZE

Mtsirtsan

Oct 30, 2010
Hello, so I rooted my phone (droid x), and then installed bootstrap + Rom Manager. I downloaded REVOlution, and then I got to recovery, I clicked reboot, and it always FREEZES at the M sign. Then I looked up other forum posts on this site, and so I ended up deleting cache, going to factory reset etc... and I still can't get back to my screen. PLEASE HELP!!!

if you downloaded revolution for apex, that is just a theme to be applied over the apex rom only. you need to flash a deodexed rom before you can apply any themes. apex is a good rom to start with.
however at this point you need to sbf back to stock. so you can start all over again. you have to be very careful to read and understand every aspect of rooting and flashing before you jump into it.

Droid X 2.2 Full SBF leaked - Download now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones