Problems downloading Custom ROMS, FREEZE

Last Updated:

1. Mtsirtsan

Mtsirtsan Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, so I rooted my phone (droid x), and then installed bootstrap + Rom Manager. I downloaded REVOlution, and then I got to recovery, I clicked reboot, and it always FREEZES at the M sign. Then I looked up other forum posts on this site, and so I ended up deleting cache, going to factory reset etc... and I still can't get back to my screen. PLEASE HELP!!!

Advertisement
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

did you just download the revolution theme? you need a deodexed rom in order to apply those themes and some of them are rom specific. you will probably need to flash the sbf to get it back up and running.

3. Mtsirtsan

Mtsirtsan Member This Topic's Starter

What do you mean? Now when I turn on my phone, it just freezes at the M sign, or it goes to Bootloader if I have a usb plugged in, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!?

4. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

if you downloaded revolution for apex, that is just a theme to be applied over the apex rom only. you need to flash a deodexed rom before you can apply any themes. apex is a good rom to start with.
    however at this point you need to sbf back to stock. so you can start all over again. you have to be very careful to read and understand every aspect of rooting and flashing before you jump into it.

Droid X 2.2 Full SBF leaked - Download now