• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Problems Seido 1750 Battery-Should I sent it back?

pittguy578

Nov 6, 2009
Not sure what the problem may be. I got the Seido 1750 battery. I make sure it is fully charged. However, it appears to go "down" faster than the original OEM battery. Is the battery defective? Should I send it back?

It has been off the charger 37 minutes and 1 second and it appears about 10% of the charge is gone. No, no applications running in background-GPS is not on-no Mobile networks, etc-I always have those turned off. I use Advanced Task Killer and kill all apps in background once I am done with them.

How much life should I get with the 1750 battery? How much should I get with the OEM battery? Any assistance is appreciated.

I experience the exact same behavior with my 1750 battery. I am not 100% certain if this is a software bug or a hardware bug. Many people use the "bump charge" method which may or may not fix the issue. I have seen responses both ways. Bump charge is when you charge the phone until the green indicator light shows up. Then remove the phone from the charger, shut it off and plug it back in. This needs to be repeated two to three times.

Upvote 0
This is true. I.had the.same problem with mine. I did this and the battery lasted me 14 hours and wasn't even in the red.
Yep, same here. More than one "bump" is a waste, but one good bump can help.

Not too hard to do. If you go to work in the morning, just do the bump while you are getting ready. When you go out the door, grab it, power on, and go. :)

Upvote 0
Yep, same here. More than one "bump" is a waste, but one good bump can help.

Not too hard to do. If you go to work in the morning, just do the bump while you are getting ready. When you go out the door, grab it, power on, and go. :)

LOL.

That's what I do!

I keep it on charged at night. Wake up, before breakfast and shower I just turn it off for 25 minutes - come back after and it's ready. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones