• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems syncing Android/Google calendar with Outlook Exchange

derval

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
I have a Samsung Galaxy and have synced it with Google and my work Outlook exchange including calendar. All has been fine until today.

When I make an appointment in outlook on my pc it appears on my phone and when I make an appointment in Google calendar on my pc it appears on my outlook calendar and my phone. However when I make an appointment on my phone it does not appear on either of the others. This morning I discovered that outlook was sending these appointments straight to deleted items. When I open these in deleted items the date for the appointment is now 1/1/1980. I presume my phone may be sending an incorrect message but don't know here to start to fix this.
2 way sync is set up.

Any help gratefully received.

I have a Samsung Galaxy and have synced it with Google and my work Outlook exchange including calendar. All has been fine until today.

When I make an appointment in outlook on my pc it appears on my phone and when I make an appointment in Google calendar on my pc it appears on my outlook calendar and my phone. However when I make an appointment on my phone it does not appear on either of the others. This morning I discovered that outlook was sending these appointments straight to deleted items. When I open these in deleted items the date for the appointment is now 1/1/1980. I presume my phone may be sending an incorrect message but don't know here to start to fix this.
2 way sync is set up.

Any help gratefully received.
I use and love Deja Office app. Does all Outlook functions.

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem, appointments showing up in the outlook deleted items folder and dated 1/1/1980. Took me some time to figure it out, but the solution is really simple. I have a secondary email address for my google account. I initially entered the secondary address in the outlook calendar sync, once I changed it to the gmail address, the problem was gone.
Just for the record, I am using a triple 2-way sync: home PC outlook to google, work PC outlook to google and android calendar on my smartphone to google. Only used the secondary address in one location. I also had problems like some appointments not showing up on the other side(s). Now that all syncs use the primary (= gmail) address, everything is working perfectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones