• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with adding gmail account to Android phone

tablet2011

Mar 3, 2011
Macclesfield UK
I have been trying to add a new Gmail account onto the my mobile using the email that is all ready on the mobile but it keeps telling me the username or password is wrong but im putting in the right details.

I have also tried using the gmail app but that keeps force closing on me.

any ideas please as the details im putting in are right.

I have been trying to add a new Gmail account onto the my mobile using the email that is all ready on the mobile but it keeps telling me the username or password is wrong but im putting in the right details.

I have also tried using the gmail app but that keeps force closing on me.

any ideas please as the details im putting in are right.
What happens when you log in via the PC Web browser? If you're sucessfully using MS Outlook on the PC, you do know that the mail server settings need to be different on the phone, right?

Sorry, just thinking out loud. It's hard to overcome the fact that 99 percent of the time this issue is due to putting in the wrong "details".

-Frank

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones