• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with Homegroup network and Gmote

Hello all:),

i am having problems with Gmote and my homegroup (home network) on both my Windows 7 Home Premium laptop and my husband's (he has same setup as me, identical computers). Here is the problem:

Gmote runs great on my laptop but gmote's routing configuration seems to have "wiped out" my homegroup network:mad:. He does not have Gmote installed just as a side note.

I used to have the network set up between my laptop and my husband's but after i installed and started running Gmote, he can't see me on the home network and i can't see him on my laptop either:thinking:. We are also using Wi-Fi for our small home network.

My antivirus/firewall program is AVG. About the Gmote install, it was just a straight install with no extra configuration done anywhere.

Any ideas? thanks in advance for replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones