• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps problems with loading http page

tneva82

Jun 20, 2011
private class ConnectToServer extends AsyncTask<String, String, String> {

protected String doInBackground(String... aurl) {

Okay for some reason my program gets empty string whenever I try to load anything from our server. Works fine with other servers. In the process of trying to debug it I tried to put the aurl parameters into textview:

TextView myTextView=(TextView)findViewById(R.id.logOnInfoText);
myTextView.setText(aurl[2]+" "+aurl[3]+" "+aurl[0]);

This causes program to crash however. Trying with just one parameters changes nothing.

Can you not change textviews from within that function? Or is it indication function doesn't receive any parameters(how's that possible). Though then again it works just fine if I try to get say front page of this site...

Might the whole issue be connected to the fact our servers had to be rebooted and SSH key replaced? I didn't have anything special to handle the key before but maybe that's the mistake? Though how it worked last week?

Anybody could give any pointers as where I'm going wrong I would be thankful.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones