• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with smart phones....

kazzyd

Lurker
Aug 20, 2011
Up until the 2nd august I had a Samsung Tocco Lite which I never had any problems with. When this broke I took out a Vodafone contract & an HTC Wildfire S. Message & internet worked fine but calls kept breaking up & eventually cutting off.
I exchanged for another Wildfire S - same problem. Changed for another one again & had the same problem. With that being the 3rd one I knew the problem couldn't be the phone.

Today I changed it for the Samsung Galaxy Ace & I have the same problem. The signal in my area is working. Cheap phones work & 2 members of my family have smart phones on different networks & theirs is fine.

Any ideas what it could be? I really want to keep this Galaxy Ace & don;t really want to change networks.

Up until the 2nd august I had a Samsung Tocco Lite which I never had any problems with. When this broke I took out a Vodafone contract & an HTC Wildfire S. Message & internet worked fine but calls kept breaking up & eventually cutting off.
I exchanged for another Wildfire S - same problem. Changed for another one again & had the same problem. With that being the 3rd one I knew the problem couldn't be the phone.

Today I changed it for the Samsung Galaxy Ace & I have the same problem. The signal in my area is working. Cheap phones work & 2 members of my family have smart phones on different networks & theirs is fine.

Any ideas what it could be? I really want to keep this Galaxy Ace & don;t really want to change networks.

The HTC Wildfire S is an excellent phone.

Based on the fact that you have problems with calls, it sounds like a network issue, or that the phone was not provisioned correctly by the carrier.

In either case they are the only ones that can sort this out, and get your problem resolved.

I suggest you return with the phone, be very assertive and matter of fact with them. They are completely responsible for resolving this issue to your satisfaction.

Good Luck :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones