• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with the new outlook.com

Hi everyone,

I have an HTC One S, using stock ICS.
Today I upgraded my hotmail account to the new outlook.com account.
I understand that it is not possible to login to my old hotmail account anymore, it has permanently changed to outlook. Mails sent to the old hotmail will of course still be received.

My problem is that I can't access this new outlook.com account from my telephone. I tried to set it up as other (pop3/imap), but nothing seems to work. I keep getting a message about wrong username/password. Manual setup ended with no server connection error.

The only thing close to a solution is the hotmail app from play store. It is though not recognized by my phone as a mail account but as a third party app.

A quite irritating situation. Microsofts new outlook does not even mention mobile access to the account. Can it really be possible that microsoft did not think of this?! On the internet I only seem to find descriptions of the old outlook account settings, nothing from the last days. There is no outlook application in play store either.

Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks,

Agoston

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones