problems with wifi tether

Last Updated:

1. double

double Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

does anyone have any suggestions to try to get my wifi tether working. i can start the app, i can connect my laptop to the access point it creates, but i have no internet access. any thoughts? is the app DHCP compatible or do i need to manually setup my ip settings on laptop?

Advertisement
  2. dixonba

dixonba Well-Known Member

3. double

i did exactly what it shows to do and created a folder named android.tether. moved the two files over. when i open astro the folder android.tether is not there? i even searched for android.tether in astro to no avail. WTF

4. dixonba

dixonba Well-Known Member

mpcc and Fezzik77 like this.
  5. double

thanks Dixon. i saw the manual instructions but didnt think to try it. i thought that was for people having trouble installing the app. my first attempt installed fine, it just wasnt operating properly so i thought it was setup or something.

by any chance do you know if the audio file for the boot animation has to be renamed before pushing to device? i was successful with the video file but cannot get the .rar file over. any tips?

6. rbombardiere

rbombardiere New Member

Thank you for the info, I followed your instructions but when I start the wireless tether app it gives me a message that it failed to load wifi interface, setting ad-hoc, setting Essie, and setting channel. What am I doing wrong...