• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root problems with wifi tether

double

Oct 28, 2009
does anyone have any suggestions to try to get my wifi tether working. i can start the app, i can connect my laptop to the access point it creates, but i have no internet access. any thoughts? is the app DHCP compatible or do i need to manually setup my ip settings on laptop?

Reactions: mpcc and Fezzik77
Upvote 0
thanks Dixon. i saw the manual instructions but didnt think to try it. i thought that was for people having trouble installing the app. my first attempt installed fine, it just wasnt operating properly so i thought it was setup or something.

by any chance do you know if the audio file for the boot animation has to be renamed before pushing to device? i was successful with the video file but cannot get the .rar file over. any tips?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones