• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Project Emerald vs EVO 4g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol your wrong again cupcake. Just because an organization says something, doesn't make it a fact. But keep posting your links to Marketing Jargon, Blog Sites, and other things. This is amusing.

And backwards compatibility =/= "Natural Progression"

"Natural Progression" would be building on to and existing network, not building brand new. New infrastructure needed from the ground up, then it is not a progression of the existing technology in anyway shape or form.

If they through backwards compatibility into WinMo7 ---> WinMo Legacy, that wouldn't make it a "natural progression", now would it?

Look man, I just posted a link to the official GSMA site, where it says that LTE is the upgrade from HSPA and it is backwards compatible. It doesn't get anymore official than that.

Again, LTE IS THE NATURAL upgrade from HSPA+. And your ridiculous claims otherwise are laughable. Now you're arguing with the GSMA, saying they don't know about their own technologies? lol, hillarious.

Your opinion on this means nothing to me. You can say it as many times as you want, and it won't be any less BS. I already know the truth, and I posted the truth, from as official an authority as there is (the GSMA). There is just no arguing with a link to the GSMA website stating that LTE was designed to be backwards compatible with HSPA, and is the next step up from HSPA. That IS the NATURAL upgrade path, and there is no disputing that.

Post a link. You don't have one? So you're just arguing to argue when you already know you're wrong? lol, and you expect people to actually take you seriously in the future...

Upvote 0
Look man, I just posted a link to the official GSMA site, where it says that LTE is the upgrade from HSPA and it is backwards compatible. It doesn't get anymore official than that.

Again, LTE IS THE NATURAL upgrade from HSPA+. And your ridiculous claims otherwise are laughable. Now you're arguing with the GSMA, saying they don't know about their own technologies? lol, hillarious.

They are profit motivated, trying to sell LTE. Apple says iPhone can't be beat. They will say whatever is necessary to dominate the market.

Still doesn't change the FACT that LTE is in no way shape or form a progression of EXISTING 3G technology. It is an entirely new one. It is a progression of wireless technologies, but not a progression of EXISTING(3G) wireless technologies.

|R|E|A|D|

Upvote 0
They are profit motivated, trying to sell LTE. Apple says iPhone can't be beat. They will say whatever is necessary to dominate the market.

Still doesn't change the FACT that LTE is in no way shape or form a progression of EXISTING 3G technology. It is an entirely new one. It is a progression of wireless technologies, but not a progression of EXISTING(3G) wireless technologies.

|R|E|A|D|

Okay, so the gist of your argument seems to be "I don't care what proof you post, what the people who make the standards say, or even the creators of the technology say- I know everything and this is what I say..."

The freaking GSMA says it was specifically made to be backwards compatible with HSPA, says it is the next upgrade from HSPA, and yet I'm supposed to take your word that they (along with the hundreds of other sources on this subject) are all wrong, and really YOU are correct? And at the same time I have to totally disregard the fact that you have already proven you have no idea what you're talking about in this thread, and take you as a higher authority than the freaking GSMA?

LOL, yeah right man.

Do your research next time, because you got epically owned in this thread.

Upvote 0
Okay, so the gist of your argument seems to be "I don't care what proof you post, what the people who make the standards say, or even the creators of the technology say- I know everything and this is what I say..."

The freaking GSMA says it was specifically made to be backwards compatible with HSPA, says it is the next upgrade from HSPA, and yet I'm supposed to take your word that they (along with the hundreds of other sources on this subject) are all wrong, and really YOU are correct? And at the same time I have to totally disregard the fact that you have already proven you have no idea what you're talking about in this thread, and take you as a higher authority than the freaking GSMA?

LOL, yeah right man.

Do your research next time, because you got epically owned in this thread.

Don't you wish.

Look up the term, "Marketing Jargon"

They are trying to sell a product. If you can't distinguish between marketing jargon and facts, well, Maybe you really should buy an iPhone.

Reviews, marketing jargon/hype, are not equal to fact, but you seem to not understand that, do you?

I don't care if it's backwards compatible, still doesn't make it a progression of existing technologies. It's a NEW technology. Doesn't mean it's in any way a "natural" upgrade path either. It's just the one they chose to go with and developed.

Upvote 0
Don't you wish.

They are trying to sell a product. If you can't distinguish between marketing jargon and facts, well, Maybe you really should buy an iPhone.

Reviews, marketing jargon/hype, are not equal to fact, but you seem to not understand that, do you?

I don't care if it's backwards compatible, still doesn't make it a progression of existing technologies. It's a NEW technology. Doesn't mean it's in any way a "natural" upgrade path either. It's just the one they chose to go with and developed.

Again, if you think I am going to take your opinion as a higher authority than the people who determine the freaking standards, you're crazy. Especially after you have continually demonstrated that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I know, I know, you're just trying to get the thread locked so it will disappear and nobody will see that you got owned (again). I know your tactics by now.

Once again, the GSMA said LTE was specifically designed to be backwards compatible with HSPA, and it is the next step up from HSPA. Therefore it IS the NATURAL upgrade from HSPA. Period. There is no debating this. It is not an opinion, it is a fact. It is not marketing jargon, it is a fact.

Upvote 0
Again, if you think I am going to take your opinion as a higher authority than the people who determine the freaking standards, you're crazy. Especially after you have continually demonstrated that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I know, I know, you're just trying to get the thread locked so it will disappear and nobody will see that you got owned (again). I know your tactics by now.

Once again, the GSMA said LTE was specifically designed to be backwards compatible with HSPA, and it is the next step up from HSPA. Therefore it IS the NATURAL upgrade from HSPA. Period. There is no debating this. It is not an opinion, it is a fact. It is not marketing jargon, it is a fact.

Lol your a funny guy. (Not really)

Maybe I'll just quote my previous post:

Don't you wish.

Yep, that completely debunks your post, again. Care to change it up a bit? I'm getting bored with your failure for comprehension what the difference in a progression of an existing technology and a completely new one, and marketing jargon by a PROFIT motivated organization.

And the irony here is, I have a history on this forum, and others i've participated with in the past, for admitting when I'm wrong. I am not wrong.

If the government said slavery is ok, does that make it ok? I mean, they ARE the government, right?

But yeah, I've demonstrated my understanding of how wireless technologies work in threads like in my signature, yet I really don't know how they work :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and the GSMA doesn't determine the standards. The 3GPP does, not that who determines what standards even matters in this discussion.

EDIT2: And since I've been given a "vacation" for arguing in threads, I'm going to go ahead and take the high road here, and stop in this thread, about this particular subject, with you. Feel free to take this "debate" into PM if you wish to continue.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones