• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Proper backup procedure

sammie2

Sep 10, 2010
Hi guys,

I want to know what the proper backup procedure is. My Incredible got dust in the screen so VRZ is sending me a refurb phone in the mail.

When I switched over from a ENV touch to a Incredible they were able to restore all my text messages, pics and contacts.

How do I do this with the Incredible?

Thanks

I use an app called MyBackup Pro. Its $4.99, but well worth it. It backs up everything (Backup (schedule option) to our online secure servers, or SD card, your Apps, Contacts, Call log, Bookmarks, SMS\MMS, Calendar, Settings, Home Shortcuts, Alarms, Dictionary, Music Playlists, and more.).

You can find it here: MyBackup Pro v2.5.2 Application for Android | Tools

Or scan the QRcode:

Hope this helps!

Reactions: sammie2
Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I want to know what the proper backup procedure is. My Incredible got dust in the screen so VRZ is sending me a refurb phone in the mail.

When I switched over from a ENV touch to a Incredible they were able to restore all my text messages, pics and contacts.

How do I do this with the Incredible?

Thanks

Pics are saved on your SD card. Dont send that back, as the new phone most likely wont have one.

Contacts, if Gmail contacts, are already backed up. So dont worry about that.

In the market, look for an app called SMS backup and restore. This will save your text messages to your SD card and you can then restore them to your new phone.

Hope this helps!:)

Upvote 0
Yes. Remove the back cover.

Heres a pic for ya :)

asasti.jpg

Upvote 0
Just a FYI.. it will not have an SD card unless you put one there. Even the promotion that included a 2gig SD card with the phone had the SD card in retail packaging. You would have had to install it. And for that matter, you would have also had to change the settings to have all your pictures save to the card instead of the internal memory. I would definitely connect it to a computer and check the directories for any pictures / files you want to back up.

Upvote 0
Just a FYI.. it will not have an SD card unless you put one there. Even the promotion that included a 2gig SD card with the phone had the SD card in retail packaging. You would have had to install it. And for that matter, you would have also had to change the settings to have all your pictures save to the card instead of the internal memory. I would definitely connect it to a computer and check the directories for any pictures / files you want to back up.

If you got your phone at Verizon, they would have installed it for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones