• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Proximity sensor not working

I agree with Pyro... You really have to look to see the P sensor. The light sensor is easy... I've removed my screen protector and have since had ZERO issues with my proximity sensor. It works perfect now. And it feels so goooood to have it naked! :)
On a side note. The protector that BB sells only has a single cutout. There is no way that was made to open both sensors. It is just the light sensor only.
Erick --

Upvote 0
another view of the proximity + light sensor area.

proximityc.jpg

Upvote 0
when calling the screens turns off way to soon! I have to press the standby/power button again,also I downloaded several apps like call confirm,safe call etc....... for the accidental call when in pocket,but something very strange has happend with the apps and the call screen turning off too soon.while talking with someone and I go to home screen or people tab the screen shuts off again but this time it goes to the lock screen and will not unlock?! as soon as I touch the screen it turns off,then I push the standby button and again it turns off and i can't pull the ring to unlock? I was stuck on a voicemail form about 5 minutes until time ran out and it hung up on me. I had to uninstall call confirm/safe call apps.:(

Upvote 0
when calling the screens turns off way to soon! I have to press the standby/power button again,also I downloaded several apps like call confirm,safe call etc....... for the accidental call when in pocket,but something very strange has happend with the apps and the call screen turning off too soon.while talking with someone and I go to home screen or people tab the screen shuts off again but this time it goes to the lock screen and will not unlock?! as soon as I touch the screen it turns off,then I push the standby button and again it turns off and i can't pull the ring to unlock? I was stuck on a voicemail form about 5 minutes until time ran out and it hung up on me. I had to uninstall call confirm/safe call apps.:(

As far as the screen turning off when you're on a call - that sounds like the same issue in this thread: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/555657-proximity-sensor-not-working.html

Upvote 0
also it sounds like some of those apps may not yet be compatible with ICS and/or this model htc handset. i would also send a note to the dev or check the website to make sure those apps are compatible.

also do you use a screen protector and/or a phone case? either could be interfering with the sensor. debris could also fool the sensor.

Upvote 0
The Evo 4g LTE its having several issues.

I already try to deal with the people of HTC but they are not giving any kind of fix to this problems

Proximity sensor works perfect with or without screen protector ONLY in sunlight or with halogen lights its fail with neon lights or in dark places

Try to use the car charger and connect the phone in to the Aux port you will get a lot of noise like dc interference or induction, i try with several vehicles different charger cables etc. its hardware failure , also they send a rubber protector maybe because they know that the phone works bad when get in contact with the skin ( like the iPhone antenna issue)

I told them this its a lemon phone please fix it. the said send my phone at my expenses find another phone meanwhile when check your phone " insane".

this kind of problems need a recall if the rest of you call to htc and complain about the problem it will maybe happen .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones