• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Proximity Sensor

AceH

Lurker
Dec 15, 2012
With the LG Optimus L9 is there a way to turn off the Proximity Sensor? During a call when I need to input numbers, the screen will go on and off making it difficult to accomplish my task. Usually I have to wait for the screen to figure out it is not close to my face, then input the numbers but by then it has interrupted the sequence of the automated service. Very frustrating at times.

P.S. I do have a screen protector and a rubbery type protective case/cover for the phone.

With the LG Optimus L9 is there a way to turn off the Proximity Sensor? During a call when I need to input numbers, the screen will go on and off making it difficult to accomplish my task. Usually I have to wait for the screen to figure out it is not close to my face, then input the numbers but by then it has interrupted the sequence of the automated service. Very frustrating at times.

P.S. I do have a screen protector and a rubbery type protective case/cover for the phone.

Hello AceH.

Screen protector and case aside, the screen unreliability is likely due to a partially obscured proximity sensor, either by grease/dirt or a portion of your finger/hand while attempting to input from the number key pad. ;)

Clean the sensor area. Be sure to use the key pad with all portions of your active finger/hand below the top portion of the device, away from the sensor region. :)

Some users have success with the cases and screen films, others find that removing it resolves the issue you're reporting as well as a few other issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones