PSA: Samsung Captivate for $50/$30 at Costco

Last Updated:

1. OneEye

OneEye Member This Topic's Starter

Costco has the Samsung Captivate listed for $50 for new 2 year contract and $30 for upgrade contract on their website. I think they made a mistake and reversed the online discount price with the total price because $149.99 and $169.99 is what is listed at their kiosk in the store. I printed out the web page and they honored the price at the store. Get it while you can.

ETA: Costco updated their website and removed the web page for the phone. Hope some of you were able to take advantage of it.

Advertisement
  2. kidsavior

kidsavior Well-Known Member

I just called the Customer Service phone # on the Costco Wireless website to double check. That price is correct. She said it would be valid for another week.

3. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

Costco often has online only deals.

4. OneEye

It was available online + warehouse. I got the discount at the warehouse. But it's a moot point now. They took down that web page.

5. Frenzy2223

Frenzy2223 Well-Known Member

Do I have to be a costco member to order online?

6. OneEye

Yes, you have to be a Costco member. I think it's too late to get it at that price anyway. They completely took the phone off their website.

7. alexisgiggs

alexisgiggs New Member

so is the deal still valid in store? if so i am gonna rush to the store first thing tmr

8. Culverin

Culverin Active Member

Costco website seems to sell this phone with plans only. Do you know they sell without plan in person? Cause their retail price looks a lot better than everywhere else.

9. Ethere

Ethere Well-Known Member

It's a shame these deals go so quickly! Cheapest I can find it now is on Wirefly for 69.99 for a two year upgrade.

10. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Costco is like that in-general. If you see something there, you really need to buy it right then and there because there's no telling whether it'll be there tomorrow.

Has happened a lot to me. There are few items that they keep as regular "stock". Most things are rather random.

11. Big Pope Daddy

Big Pope Daddy Well-Known Member

It was a misprint. I would be surprised if they honored any bought online. They now have it back, but as a $50 discount to bring the phone to $149.99 for a new customer to ATT, and $30 discount to bring the phone to 169.99 for an upgrade....someone messed up big time entering the info in.

12. alexisgiggs

alexisgiggs New Member

i called costco this morning (before the site was reopened) and they said the 30 bucks discount was still valid. but then i called the warehouse when they were opened at 10 and they hv restored to the corrected $149 price, so pissed! i did saw the deal online and was once hesitated!

13. Big Pope Daddy

Like I said, I highly doubt anyone who actually ordered from Costco online will get a $30 Captivate. The OP was lucky enough to be in Costco and on their kiosk to see the deal, and recouped at the store. But anyone else, via online, I would guess are out of luck.

If anyone tried to get that deal, let me know if it works out. I would be surprised!!!

14. looksbetterinred

looksbetterinred Well-Known Member

Walmart has them for $59.99.

15. Big Pope Daddy

That is where I ordered from. It runs thru letstalk.com. I just had the unfortunate timing of ordering when tornadoes decided to derail a train in AZ which is slowing down shipment!! LOL!

I guess it probably would have happened with 2 day delivery too, so I should be at least happy I did not pay for shipping at all!!!

So ready to get this phone....