• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PSX4Droid Incredible Thread.

I recently downloaded the app in its most current version. I tried Final Fantasy Tactics from both romhustlers.net and doperoms.com and I can't get it to work. The intro of the game works fine, everything runs smooth, I get to the first battle outside of the church and as always, Gafgarion goes first and is a NPC, but he doesn't do anything. The peoples legs still move so its not a freeze. Its almost like the game doesn't initiate gameplay. I tried multiple BIOS so I don't believe thats the issue. The game wouldn't run if that was the issue. I correctly used winrar to convert the rom to a .bin file. I looked on some other threads and saw some people say they are running it fine on their Incredible. Well...im not. I love this game, and would love some help. Does it have something to do with the version of psx4droid? I read somewhere that the upgrades to the app have made it worse.

Please, anybody who got FFT to work on the Incredible. Help me out. A short step-by-step with websites would be great.

(Also I own the actual game and a PSX.)

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I've been digging deeper into it and found some people have had better success converting the .bin/.iso file into an eboot file using the IceTea v1.3 program. I might try this, because the current .bin I have just doesn't want to get past that first part of the battle...and both of the rom sites (doperoms and romhustler) I have used have given me quality roms in the past for gameboid so I don't think site credability is a problem.

Upvote 0
How is this thread not locked for piracy? We can't talk about a free version of Swype, but we can talk about emulators which violate all sorts of copyright laws. Strange.

Love Android, hate the rampant bootlegging/copying that take place in the market...

Upvote 0
I own the actual games I have on my emulator and I own a playstation. Im breaking no laws. Im sure everyone else who is posting can say the same. Also, Sony isn't going to spend money on piracy lawsuits for a system/game thats over 10 years old and are retailing for like $5 each. So those people who choose to "pirate" will probably get away with it.

Upvote 0
I own the actual games I have on my emulator and I own a playstation. Im breaking no laws. Im sure everyone else who is posting can say the same. Also, Sony isn't going to spend money on piracy lawsuits for a system/game thats over 10 years old and are retailing for like $5 each. So those people who choose to "pirate" will probably get away with it.

I'm not sure if you realize this or not, but many of the games mentioned in this thread are being sold by Sony and other publishers in the Playstation store. I'm not accusing anyone here of piracy, but id be shocked if everyone in this thread owns every game they've mentioned. It's funny that threads like this live when forum members can't even discuss where to get Apps that are not available (Swype) to us anymore.

EDIT: spelling

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones