psx4droidGeneral

Last Updated:

1. tinkk

tinkk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so psx4droid has just come out on the market, has anyone had a chance to try this on their x10 yet?

the processor seems up to scratch but it lacks in free ram compared to the desire (which ive heard works perfectly) so if anythings going to stop it its this,

cant really find any details on the graphics specs so hoping someone heres bit the bullet and tried it :)

Advertisement
  2. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member

3. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Would be pretty cool when we get android 2.1 to try this out and see if it runs good.

4. tinkk

yeah thats what i thought while reading about its development, but search the market for psx4droid its definately there, not sure how submitting apps works but if i can see it from 1.6 doesnt that mean its compatible with 1.6?

5. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Incorrect.

6. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

if sony don't sort the multi touch issue out it just won't be worth it..
    example: driving game, you will have to take finger off gas to turn and can't steer whilst picking up speed platformers no diagonal jumping as this would need 2 touches etc etc

7. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

How can Sony sort the multi touch issue out?

Send us a new phone or just a screen that will support multi touch and we fit it ourselves?

Unless this happens the X10 will never have multi touch due to the screen not supporting multi touch.

8. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

as i have said before on these forums some very clever people have gotten multitouch to work on NON multitouch Resistive screens so it is possible with a bit of tinkering on sonys end.. search engadget as this is where i first saw the article..
    I think sony failed big time not putting a native multitouch screen in the phone giving that they spent at least 2 years playing about with the device..
    but then i also think they should of gone with 2.1 when phone came out and just put the apps timescape rachel ux theme etc on the market and given us the choice..

9. surf_r_dude

surf_r_dude Well-Known Member

Guys...it does work, if it appears on the market that means its compatible with your phone, hence why I dont see games such as Caligo Chaser on the market. I downloaded it and it installed just fine, and it opened perfectly aswell. I managed to find a BIOS and now I'm getting an ISO, soo I'll keep you guys updated

UPDATE: Yes, the emulator is up and running on the X10, right now its kinda laggy, So personally I'd only play RPG's on the system but besides that its perfectly fine.
    Personally I think the emulator is running pretty good considering the X10 doesnt have the CPU boost that comes with android 2.1/2.2, so when those updates come the lag will become more tolerable.

tinkk likes this.
  10. surf_r_dude

Update V2: So once I updated my phone via sony ericssons PC companion thing, and when my phone was formatted, first app I re-downloaded was PSX4Droid, and now, games are running very smooth :D Dino crisis runs very well but the voice acting is a bit choppy, but besides that it run nearly perfectly :D More X10 owners should definitely give this a go!

(This was a Bump in disguise)

11. tinkk

awesome glad someone actually had an open mind about trying it Instead of leaving it on the chance that all the hype was right, I'm well getting this soon as I've done work today! Can't wait to see what this phone can do!

12. surf_r_dude

Why thank you! And I know, the x10 is perfectly capable of handling such an awesome emulator. Now all we have to do is wait for the N64 emulator. :D

More people need to know about this so they can support the developer and so he can continue his work with porting over awesome apps/games from the iphone to the android platform.

13. tinkk

Trueee, is it still laggy with the firmware update? just downloaded it now but I need to get to the computer before I can set it up, can't wait!x

onpointG35 likes this.
  14. EzVeGGiEpZ

EzVeGGiEpZ New Member

I have the ff7 iso running great on my evo, but my xenogears .mdf won't run. I have to mount it on my pc for it to work. I don't think my evo will be mounting any images so im stuck.

Xenogears [Disc1of2] [SLUS-00664].mds (486 bytes)
    Xenogears [Disc1of2] [SLUS-00664].mdf (731 MB)

I've tried decompressing it and compressing it with ecm and unecm. Nothing. Probably because its not a ECM file and needs no decompressing.

When I mount the .mds the mounted drive contains 2 files:

SYSTEM.CNF
    SLUS_006.64

PSx4Droid will reconize xenogears, but when I open the file my screen is just black on my Evo.

Any ideas?

15. surf_r_dude

Tink: Yup, after I got to my PC and did the update (I'm with rogers so theyd take a hell of a long time to update) my phone got formatted and now it runs veryy smooth, I think its because the update frees up more RAM, and for the update to take affect your phone has to formatt I'm pretty sure, because I updated before and it said I had the R2BA020 update but my phone had not been formatted, and when I connected my phone to pc companion again, it said There was still an update, so I updated and my phone formatted, and was still had the R2BA020 firmware.

EZV: Yes, I was giddy with joy at the thought of playing Xenogears on the go as well, but unfortunately PSX4Droid does not support those type of files, so it seems like our choices are to either:
    A) Search for some type of converter if one exists
    B) Try finding a different ISO with a different file type that is supported
    C) Wait for an update that supports that type of file extension.

EzVeGGiEpZ likes this.
  16. EzVeGGiEpZ

EzVeGGiEpZ New Member

I don't think I'm allowed to post links to Rom etc.

But I would like to let everyone know that I found XenoGears.ISO

Message me if you would like the link and any help.

surf_r_dude likes this.
  17. surf_r_dude

So I downloaded Wiimote Controller off of the market, which is an app that turns your wiimote into a controller. The wiimote by itself works with the emulator, however my Nyko Wing Wireless classic controller doesnt seem to work with the Wiimote Controller app, so if someone could test it out with a normal Nintendo brand classic controller that'd be great! :D

And EzV, I sent you a PM regarding your previous post

18. zeke_vanderberg

zeke_vanderberg Member

I dont know what im doing wrong I have psx4droid v1.1 on rooted hero running 2.1. I installed psx4droid from my sdcard and I found the .iso it needs to run and i found crash bandicoot 3 from this paridise site put it on my sd card located it from pxs app but the screen just flashes black and the program closes. Ive tried metal gear solid too same thing. The same thing happend when i tried to using gameboid I dont know what im doing wrong because everywhere ive search no one seems to be having problems with this. I want to play crash and donkey kong on my phone can anyone help.

19. surf_r_dude

hmm I was going to suggest something wrong with the ISO's you downloaded but if its also happening with gameboid, hmm the way I see it If you downloaded the apps of a site and put them on your phone they may be corrupted files. Try downloading the lite version of gameboid off the market and see if this continues. If it does then something may have gone wrong during the rooting process.

zeke_vanderberg likes this.
  20. zeke_vanderberg

zeke_vanderberg Member

I downloaded gameboid light and it worked so I searched the web and found a different gameboid download and now im playing DK on my phone:cool:. I also realized this is the x10 forum :eek: but thanks anyway. Now I'll have to get the psx4droid working so I can play crash too.:D

21. tinkk

Been trying for like half an hour a day to Find working roms and so far no luck? I've got the bios but can't seem to find any in the right format? Could someone maybe email me a link to one that definitely works please :) atinkler56@gmail.com

22. yagame

yagame Member

Did anyone made psxdroid work for their X10 running in 2.1? I installed the psxdroid on my phone but the dpad seems not to work in game is anyone experiencing this?

23. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Without MT the emulators on the X10 are a bit pointless imo

24. yagame

yagame Member

But there are games that doesn't require MT right? like FF Tactics, my problem is dpad is working when starting the game, eg. selecting New Game, But when the first battle starts dpad isn't responding anymore, any ideas?

25. PeOiler

PeOiler Member

I also can't make psx4droid work. I can load games (FF7/Chrono) but they only go as far as the first title screen and then blackness. Not sure if its a d-pad thing or not.