• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

public libraries

My city built a new library a few years back. It is huge but I never see any cars around it. The library it replaced was built around 25 years ago and seemed quite adequate to me. What do I know? I e-book my reading and have not set foot in the new library. Perhaps there is more happening there besides books and research.

Upvote 0
I spent countless days in the well resourced genealogy section of the Wichita library years ago. Now that most all microfilm is digitized and available on the net, albeit at a price, it is far more handy to do research at home. I read all the books I can for a monthly fee. I YT most all of my repair needs for free. Libraries once ruled supreme for many things but their time has come and gone, at least for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones