• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

purchased a new Tab S2 - shows "low power charger connected"

InGearX

Android Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2011
I just purchased a new Tab S2 from official Samsung store (I had Tab A love it)

I got home connected it to the charger that came in the box

shows "low power charger connected" or so

I rebooted it .. same ..
tried different outlets .. same ..

so I turned it off and let it charge ..

I see it charged just from 53% to 65% in 2+ hours

so I connected my official charger from Note 3 and s5 and WAS FINE .. no msg and it charged it quick ..

now I thought it might be the cable that came in the box.. and I connected it - BUT no longer see the message

I am confused ..

has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I never have ..
is this normal for new electronics?

what to make of it?

thank you ..

Hello,
I do not remember what mine said when I first put it on charge.
I do get the "low power charger" when I connect to my older chargers. The 1 amp type I believe. I have a number of "fast chargers" that work just fine.
Sorry this is not addressing your specific problem. I would let your tablet charge up fully on a fast charger, then keep an eye on it.

Lateck,

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Sounds like you might have been supplied a generic charger with the Samsung tablet. Is the supplied charger actually marked as Samsung or not?

FWIW the last few recent USB items I've acquired didn't come with chargers at all, tablet, BT headphones, cigarette lighter, they all just had USB cords in the box, i.e. supply your own charger or use a convenient PC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones