• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pure messenger widget

Motorola Defy. If I uncheck the "open with internal viewer" option, upon trying to open an sms i get "the application Pure messenger widget(process org.koxx.pure_messenger) has stopped unexepectedly. Please try again later"

How can I send you a logcat ?

You didn't tell me which app you picked in the widget config panem to open the SMS...
To send a logcat :
How to help me to debug an application Android 'Pure' widgets series (calendar)

In next version, it will be protected against crash ... but it won't fix the configuration for you.

Upvote 0
In Pure Messenger, when I tap the SMS, it takes me to the conversation in Handcent with the correct background, but completely blank (no bubble messages to or from contact) when I know that there are 12 entries in that conversation (which can be accessed from Handcent Inbox). Also, I've been getting lots of FC's - I guess that could be for a multitude of reasons, but it's always Pure Messenger that comes up as the app to be FC'd. Any feedback would be super helpful. :)

Did you selected to open 'direct thread' in pure messenger ?
If yes, it means Handcent is not handling correctly theead opening.
Handccent needs to parse ACTION_VIEW with data set to "content://mms-sms/#threadID#". May you should contact them to confirm they does.

Upvote 0
I did select "Directly open the conversation" in Pure Messenger (as well as disabling internal viewer). When I tap the message in the widget, Handcent DOES open into the conversation, including the conversation background I chose in Handcent, but no texts (received or sent) are shown. The screen shows the contact's name on the top, the text input box at the bottom, and number of messages sent at the bottom, but no conversation bubbles, just a blank screen where bubbles should be. I am able to type in and and send a text message, which THEN shows up in the thread (by itself). Then if I go to my conversation list, there is a new conversation (the one I just created by sending that message) in addition to the original conversation with all the texts from the sender (and my replies from within Handcent). Sorry if this sounds confusing - very hard to explain! I posted on the Handcent forum so maybe I'll hear back about something that I can try on the Handcent end. If you think of anything else, let me know (and has anyone else experienced this?).
I'm using the ADW Launcher on HTC Incredible.

Upvote 0
You didn't tell me which app you picked in the widget config panem to open the SMS...
To send a logcat :
How to help me to debug an application Android 'Pure' widgets series (calendar)

In next version, it will be protected against crash ... but it won't fix the configuration for you.
I have no specific application for sms handling, just the one that comes with the phone ("text messages" I think is called). But anyway, forget about it as opening messages with internal viewer is just fine for me..my suggestion was just for bug hunting purpose.

I come with a suggestion if you don't mind. Let's say I open an Facebook notification in pure messenger with the internal viewer. Most of them are just fine cos I get the info I need but some of them, such as comments on your status, are not visible. Therefore I suggest that when a message is open with internal viewer, to have an extra button to allow you to open that message with the default application (in our example, Facebook).

Upvote 0
Koxx,

I just purchased the messenger widget and downloaded K-9 Pure. I already was using K-9 & currently have both installed on my device (Samsung Fascinate).

I have 2 accounts set up in K-9 pure.

The widget is working fine pulling in my unread emails for both accounts. I'm having a difficult time discerning which email is coming from which account. According to your 'suggestion' site - it indicates there was a suggestion completed that would allow for changing the color (at least an icon) for each account - but I'm not seeing any documentation or option in the config to allow for that.
Different POP3/IMAP icon/color for each account

The perfect way would be to use a color bar (the same as within K-9 Pure) to indicate which account it's coming from.

-- the stock mail widget for the MyTouch 4G is a perfect example of this --

Is there a way to change/add a color - or somehow indicate which account it's coming from?

Also - is 3 accounts the max you can pull in - I have 4 accounts in K-9 Pure?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hey Koxx, Thanks for the Great APP. I love the integrate ALL function of this, why phones (cept blackberry) don't naturally come with this is beyond me. ANYWAYS.. I rooted my phone and am using CM7 (EVO) and I cannot seem to get any of my Gmail emails to show up in the widget, everything else comes through fine. I am using the basic Gmail client from google.

Upvote 0
Hey Koxx, Thanks for the Great APP. I love the integrate ALL function of this, why phones (cept blackberry) don't naturally come with this is beyond me. ANYWAYS.. I rooted my phone and am using CM7 (EVO) and I cannot seem to get any of my Gmail emails to show up in the widget, everything else comes through fine. I am using the basic Gmail client from google.

It seems the new gmail comming with CM7 require new permissions to read gmail :(
It means that you need to put Pure messenger as a system let android grant the permission to read the gmail database.
To install it as system app :
Email connector for Pure Android 'Pure' widgets series (calendar)

Upvote 0
Hi, Koxx.

I'm using a 4x4 Scroll Widget from the latest version of PM on an HTC Desire 2.2 under LauncherPro (latest version).

My widget has only Facebook enabled, with everything checked beneath it, i.e., Show news feed, wall posts, inbox, etc. I have no filtering.

My problem is that the widget doesn't show all of the items that I can see on my Facebook News Feed page in a browser, and in the official Facebook app.

I have looked through all of the settings to try to troubleshoot this, but haven't been successful.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance.

John

Upvote 0
Hi, Koxx.

I'm using a 4x4 Scroll Widget from the latest version of PM on an HTC Desire 2.2 under LauncherPro (latest version).

My widget has only Facebook enabled, with everything checked beneath it, i.e., Show news feed, wall posts, inbox, etc. I have no filtering.

My problem is that the widget doesn't show all of the items that I can see on my Facebook News Feed page in a browser, and in the official Facebook app.

I have looked through all of the settings to try to troubleshoot this, but haven't been successful.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance.

John

Hi,

this is not a problem specific to Pure messenger, but the Facebook API.
The problem is still open on the Facebook API bug tracker here :
Facebook Platform .:. Bug 10576 – FQL Queries Not Returning All Results

Upvote 0
is this a paid or free app? and if paid, is there a lite version?

just asking 'cause i thought i'd check it out, but can't find it from the market by searching for "pure messenger" and wanted to know if that's because we don't have paid apps in finland or if the search is just being dumb

I can't see my sent messages on puremessenger, could see only incoming messages. Is this normal?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones