• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pure messenger widget

k9ForPure is working :)
This is a modified version of K9 to be compatible with Pure messenger.

(tested with POP & IMAP idle -gmail-)

unfortunatley I don't have any Exchange account to test it.

Now, I'll just warn K9 team to see if they are interested to integrate my code in the next K9 version.
But I think I'll publish a K9ForPure on the market by my own before that, and publish the code (Apache license).

Upvote 0
Fisrt beta of K-9 for pure :)

Deeply tested with POP.
Quickly tested with IMAP.
Unfortunately, I don't have any Exchange server.

When K9 for Pure will be stable enough, I'll submit my modified code to the K-9 team for merging with main branch. I am already in contact with them. I think nothing will happen before 1 month.

But I need testers before !!! :)
Especially if somebody can test Exchange, that would be VERY nice.

http://koxx3.free.fr/widgets_apps/K9ForPureWidget100b1.apk
http://koxx3.free.fr/widgets_apps/PureMessenger137b3.apk

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
koxx,

Hey there. Just installed the leaked 2.1 on the eris and pure music shows up in market as purchased and I reinstalled it but pure cal doesn't show up as purchased for me. Tempted to just buy it again but thought I would ask.

There was similiar problems with 2.1 flashed Droid with some purchased apps in the market. I don't know if this works on the Eris but here is a Droid fix that was posted (again this was for the same problem on the Motorola Droid so be careful):

ChevyNo1 said:
Try this:

- adb pull /system/build.prop

Then I edited it to comment out the fingerprint line, and add...

CODE
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.0/ESD20/17572:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

Then I pushed the build.prop back...

- adb remount
- adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

Reactions: Koxx
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
whenever i tap on a message and then hit the back button to close the popup, i get a notification that i have 4 new messages - but i only have 4 messages. this happens in list and regular view.

i uinstalled and reinstalled.

happens regardless of what app i select to use to view messages (handcent or classic), whether or not i have a ringtone selected, or what my update frequency is. not that skins should make a difference, but i tried that too - still happens with the ones i tried.

i am in a classic view and use the arrows to go thru messages, it does not happen. it only happens when i tap on the message and get the pop up and then hit the back button.

HTC Eris, 2.1

any ideas?

otherwise i like the app pretty much.

Upvote 0
whenever i tap on a message and then hit the back button to close the popup, i get a notification that i have 4 new messages - but i only have 4 messages. this happens in list and regular view.

i uinstalled and reinstalled.

happens regardless of what app i select to use to view messages (handcent or classic), whether or not i have a ringtone selected, or what my update frequency is. not that skins should make a difference, but i tried that too - still happens with the ones i tried.

i am in a classic view and use the arrows to go thru messages, it does not happen. it only happens when i tap on the message and get the pop up and then hit the back button.

HTC Eris, 2.1

any ideas?

otherwise i like the app pretty much.

which kind of provider do you use (gmail, sms, email, facebook, twitter ??).

I'll push an important update in few hours.

Upvote 0
sorry - i'm just using it for sms.

the whole "mark as read" was really not working either. if i marked one as read or deleted one, i'd still get the notification that i had 4 new messages (or 3 if i deleted one). i would press the "mark as read" button two times in a row on the same message and i couldn't tell if it was marked read or not - the confirmation just says "message marked" and nothing else changed - i couldn't tell the difference between a unread/new messages and read/old messages.

thanks for your hard work! (i have pure calendar too!)

if i tap the

Upvote 0
sorry - i'm just using it for sms.

the whole "mark as read" was really not working either. if i marked one as read or deleted one, i'd still get the notification that i had 4 new messages (or 3 if i deleted one). i would press the "mark as read" button two times in a row on the same message and i couldn't tell if it was marked read or not - the confirmation just says "message marked" and nothing else changed - i couldn't tell the difference between a unread/new messages and read/old messages.

thanks for your hard work! (i have pure calendar too!)

if i tap the

very interesting bug.

All your problems seems to come from the 'mark as read' is not pushed from local to your SMS database.
but WHY is the question.

Do you use something like Handcent or another SMS app ?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The new widget looks great :) One more suggestion - if you could make the setting persistent (when removing and re-adding a widget have it default to the previous settings). I am constantly rearranging my home screen and get tired of having to enter my email address and preferences each time. Not a biggie but would be helpful.

I's difficult because it's store in a database linked with the widget ID as primary key.
When the widget is destroyed, the database record is destroyed too to database free memory.
And when you create a new widget, a new ID is assigned by the OS.

I am thinking to add a "backup record" with the last inserted widget configuration, which will be restored when you reinsert a new widget... but it a little bit dirty :(

Upvote 0
i uninstalled handcent and tried it again (sending myself texts from my gmail on the pc).

it still happens. they are marked as read in the stock app but still showing up as new in the pure widget.
i removed and readded the widget, still does it.

also, i am only getting the extra notifications from the widget when this happens, not handcent (and i have them turned off for the stock app, but they are being marked as read when opened in the widget).

i'll send that log to you in a few minutes.

thanks!

Upvote 0
i just sent you the log.

i also noticed that if i delete messages in the widget, they will delete in the stock app but not from the widget, unless there is only one message in the widget.

the msgs also don't delete properly from the widget, sometimes they will sometimes they won't, but it keeps refreshing and saying any remaining messages are new.

in the widget, the new msg counter and the * in front of SMS for new msgs will go away when they are marked as read or opened, but they are still being seen as new by the notification for some reason. the msg counter does not reset or replace the *, so it's like it knows they are read, but the notification is confused.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones