• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pure music widget

I can't get the album art to display on the widget even though it works on my stock music player. I have a HTC Incredible and have the album art embedded in the tags. I used to have the art as separate folder.jpg files and then the widget worked fine but now that I switched to embedding the art, it no longer works.

I have this same problem, also using a Droid Incredible. Artwork shows up in the stock player, sense player/widget, mixzing widget, and several other media players (double twist, cubed, tune wiki, you name it) Sad to see after 8 months this issue hasn't been addressed. I have your calendar widget and love it, but am not impressed with this one at all.

On an additional note, my last.fm scrobbling notification does not ever go away when I press the stop button on the widget. It does go away immediately when pressing the pause button however.

Upvote 0
I have this same problem, also using a Droid Incredible. Artwork shows up in the stock player, sense player/widget, mixzing widget, and several other media players (double twist, cubed, tune wiki, you name it) Sad to see after 8 months this issue hasn't been addressed. I have your calendar widget and love it, but am not impressed with this one at all.

And can you tell me how I could fix this bug when I can reproduce it on my tests devices: HTC Dream G1, HTC Hero, Nexus 1, Moto Droid, Samsung S.

So ??? do you want to offer me an Incredible phone to solve it ??? if you have any idea, I am all ears !

Upvote 0
Just bought this app for the transparent 4x4 player. I was using it on Sense and there were music controls on the lockscreen, I've now updated to Froyo and these are gone, was this a sense feature or is it part of this widget?

Thanks!

This is a feature of HTC Sense not Pure music ;)
Pure music doesn't interact with lockscreen.

Upvote 0
Hi there. Samsung Captivate user here. Updated this weekend to Froyo (thanks to the leaked firmware), and was dismayed to notice that this app will no longer work for me. It doesn't register at all if music is already playing through the stock music player, and trying to start music through the app results in a force close of the app.

What else can I provide you with (information, files, whatever?) in order to get this resolved?

Upvote 0
Is there some sort of resource on skinning this fantastic widget available?

I use the "Widget Locker" lockscreen on my Galaxy S and have the Digital Clock (1x4) widget up top with a semi-transparent background and would like to have Pure Music (2x4) just below it with a background of the same transparency at the top going all the way to the sides and fading to nothing at the bottom.

So I did a 25x25 png which is black at the top and fade down to transparent at the bottom and copied the entry for the "Light Grey" skin in the _local_skin_list.xml and just changed the name of the copy to mine and this is what came out:

It came out pretty good (I can easily adjust the transparency to match the clock perfectly), *but* what is the black bar at the top of the Pure Music widget? It's not an overlap of the clock background as the black bar moves with the widget when I drag it around.

Apologies if this is inappropriate questions for this thread.

Upvote 0
And can you tell me how I could fix this bug when I can reproduce it on my tests devices: HTC Dream G1, HTC Hero, Nexus 1, Moto Droid, Samsung S.

So ??? do you want to offer me an Incredible phone to solve it ??? if you have any idea, I am all ears !

I'm not a dev, so I can't outright give you a solution. However, I can provide you with some insight as to where I think the problem might be, if you would be so kind as to look a little further into the matter.

Any incredible owner can tell you that barely any apps out there get along with the internal storage of the device (mnt/emmc). From what I have heard, most apps use the default android media scanning method which just scans "mnt/sdcard". By changing this to "mnt" instead, it should scan "mnt/emmc" as well. I don't know how you are going about checking for tag info or album artwork, so this may or may not help at all. I just think it's weird that the widget can pick up the artist and song title, but not the artwork.

I also have album thumbs located in "emmc/Android/data/com.android.providers.media/albumthumbs" if that helps at all.

Upvote 0
I'm not a dev, so I can't outright give you a solution. However, I can provide you with some insight as to where I think the problem might be, if you would be so kind as to look a little further into the matter.

Any incredible owner can tell you that barely any apps out there get along with the internal storage of the device (mnt/emmc). From what I have heard, most apps use the default android media scanning method which just scans "mnt/sdcard". By changing this to "mnt" instead, it should scan "mnt/emmc" as well. I don't know how you are going about checking for tag info or album artwork, so this may or may not help at all. I just think it's weird that the widget can pick up the artist and song title, but not the artwork.

I also have album thumbs located in "emmc/Android/data/com.android.providers.media/albumthumbs" if that helps at all.

I scan what is returned by official Android API getExternalFilesDir()
Data Storage | Android Developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones