• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Q] Can i Flash a Different Carrier Rom?

JReeqoK

Lurker
Mar 14, 2014
Hey , I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 i317m & my carrier is CLARO , its on stock firmware JB 4.1 , i have try to update it on sofware update on about device and keeps loading and doesnt find anything, & there isnt a Rom for my Carrier (CLARO) i was wondering if could install the AT&T or T-mobile Rom version & Change the carrier on build.prop to Claro?, idk Pls someone help me i wanna get kitkat on my Note 2 or 4.3

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-14-03-01-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-14-03-01-28.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 97
The tool kit is a good place to start. There right about reading though. As far as Roms go. Most do not include the modem/radio. In other words. If you flash one. You should retain your modem. Then it is a matter of setting up the correct apn's for your carrier. This you will have to read about.
For instance> http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=waZL4UIgf6B40JcudszWIA&bvm=bv.62922401,d.aWc These would be the APN settings for your carrier if your where I think you are? You didn't say?
Changing to correct APN is the thing. Staying on 4.1 is another. You will want to check that out too. Good luck.

Reactions: JReeqoK and tube517
Upvote 0
The tool kit is a good place to start. There right about reading though. As far as Roms go. Most do not include the modem/radio. In other words. If you flash one. You should retain your modem. Then it is a matter of setting up the correct apn's for your carrier. This you will have to read about.
For instance> http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=waZL4UIgf6B40JcudszWIA&bvm=bv.62922401,d.aWc These would be the APN settings for your carrier if your where I think you are? You didn't say?
Changing to correct APN is the thing. Staying on 4.1 is another. You will want to check that out too. Good luck.
Yeah thats my APN Setting , But im getting another phone , Wen i get other phone i will try a flash a rom , Thanks For the help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones