• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

qqmars.com?

So a day or two ago, I opened Chrome on my tablet and another window opened saying I needed to update my device. Yesterday it said that my tablet had a virus and if I didn't update, the system will get worse, maybe even fail. Today it says my battery is "seriously" overcharged, and if I don't update, the system may fail completely. It's coming from a website called qqmars.com, which I have never heard if. I tried researching it but found nothing. I am horrible with technology and I have no idea what to do when problems like this arise. I emptied my cache and my cookies, but that clearly did not work. I don't really get on websites through my tablet, and on the rare occasion that I do, it's always a trusted one. I'm 90% sure this is just a scam, but I still don't know what to do. Thoughts?
Screenshot_2015-04-28-21-35-13.png

Hello!
Sorry for the late reply, but perhaps check out this thread in which another member has a very similar issue:
http://androidforums.com/threads/pop-ups-on-android-phone.916714/

Hope that helps and not too late :eek:

It did help! After posting my question, I decided I'd go through my history to see what I'd been doing before I got the pop ups. As it turns out, I got the first pop up after downloading the Google Translate app. I uninstalled it and I haven't been getting the pop ups like the one above, just the Facebook ones. But the link you gave me has a solution for those. Thanks so much!

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones