• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quadrant Froyo benchmark speeds....post em up here...

JoeProcopio

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2009
New Jersey
CAP201006071540.jpg

running P3's 1200 kernel at 1200

I'm wondering if you guys are benchmarking "real world" with apps running in the background, or are you benchmarking after killing all other apps? I was not stable at 1.25, went down to 1000, and I'm at 1285 with a ton of crap running in the background. But I wonder if JIT helps the benchmark to run faster the more you run it?

Edit: I just turned off amazon mp3 which likes to run for some reason, and live wallpaper, and I jumped from 1285 to 1443. Still, I like the live wallpaper so I'll keep it running "real world" lol.

Upvote 0
also, the 2nd run seems to be a lot higher than the 1st

Yes...I've seen this too. 1.1 GHz is my limit as 1.2 likes to reboot when listening to any kind of music.

This is my second run @ 1.1 without killing any apps (no lwp's running...they STILL bog the phone down WAY too much), while listening to Sirius/XM over wifi. sounds like real world enough for me. The first run was in the 1200's...just FYI

men2Vl.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones